TQSL again

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by N3DT, Dec 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

LoTW says Last upload for N3DT: 2019-11-27 02:36:09Z

2. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

That's right. And it's not the one I tried the other day. I'm thinking it's something with the HRD logbook settings.

3. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Not true! You can take that P12 file to any computer (I do this often). What does not work is taking the TQ6 certificate file somewhere else. It can only be loaded by the very TQSL program that requested the certificate.

4. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

That's what I meant, the tq6 file cannot be used on another computer, and now it looks like I've even lost that one unless I can restore the emails from Thunderbird when I reinstalled the OS. This W10 is a disaster. I had to reload the OS after a week of 30% cpu running at idle. The merchant offered to take the thing back but after I reinstalled the OS it seems to be running fine although I did have a BSOD this morning, but the cpu is banging off 1% at idle. I'm fighting Firefox and the add ons at the moment, all the icons disappeared, but not the add on. This is going to take weeks to finish and I still haven't figured out why HRD won't upload to lotw, much less get WSJT-X set up again.

Then I had a guy come out and take down 3 trees today, at least he threw up the lost end of my 80M antenna, the rope is there, but I need to hook it up. When is this going to end? Now it's going to snow tonight. I need more sleep.

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

On the plus side, you live in a beautiful area. I go for a "Sunday drive" around there on occasion.

6. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't complain about the view. From my shack I look over about 40 open acres and a stream surrounded by woods. And not a neighbor in sight. 80-100' red oaks/poplars to hang antennas in. I've got tons of down firewood laying around that if no one wants I'm just going to push into the woods to rot. I had 2 people come out and after they get started they give up, and the stuff is just laying on the ground next to the driveway. It's not like they have to cut it down and get the branches off. Big lumber, maybe too big. Easier to buy pellets.

At least I got my old PhotoShop V5.5 which must be 20 years old loaded and it seems to work. This computer is really fast, I just need to get off this satellite ISP and on a decent wireless connection. Verizon should be here in a couple months less than a mile away.

7. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh brother, here we go again. I found the tq6 file that was still on my mail server. Tried to load that in TQSL and it won't accept it, says it has to be from the same computer, well it is, but I did reinstall the OS, so I guess I'll have to ask for a new tq6 again. Actually I downloaded it from lotw named config.tq6, renamed it and it said it loaded successfully, but it still never worked. Wouldn't show up.

8. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I can sign adi files from TQSL and send them ok. It must be an issue with hRD I don't remember that it was difficulty before, but who knows? It doesn't matter too much until I get the soundcard in this w10 computer sorted out anyhow, it's erratic with FT8. I'll probably have to get a separate usb soundcard.