Toyota Mini-Cruiser Re-Bop

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by N8AFT, Sep 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

Cashed in a Roth IRA tday.
    Took the opportunity to get started outfitting my lil Toyota Mini Cruisere Class C motorhome with a new 100ah LiFePo deep cycle battery to replace the aged and much heavier std deepcycle.
    Also ordered an 1800/2250peak watt WEN Inverter generator from Home Depot.
    It will run my 8k BTU A/C easy enuff plus it weighs in at just 48LBS! Got a GREAT deal on that including the cover and a magnetic oil dipstick with FREE delivery to my door, not the store.
    Just under $570 tax incl. In store delivery is a couple of days quicker but it's much nicer to open my front door vs goin up the road several miles when I could be makin better use of my time!
    I'm also replacing all the DC powered interior lighting with low current draw and brighter LED "bulbs".
    eBay has a vast selection and free delivery too so I stocked up on a few different brightness level bulbs.
    Should make for a comfy remote QTH for the fall es winter months.

Learn Morse.
    Do CW.

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds great! I found a good deal on one. Might have to give them a call. o_O

[​IMG]

3. N8AFT

Gee Bill, That's a shade more than I gave for mine, hi.
    Mine has 70,000+ miles on it. Got it last October. Always wanted one of these to op from parkside and lakeside.
    The one pictured is identical to mine...

4. N8AFT

Well, found the "Phantom" current draw on the coach battery tday after it was in the shops for repairs.
    I had the fridge set for DC! So of course thar was massive current draw on that old deep cycler batt.
    That ran er down in a couple of days, but the fridge was nice and cold! Hi.
    Learnin curve....
    The new LiFePo4 100Ah deep cycle batt will arrive someday next week Lord willing...

KJ4VTH likes this.
  5. N8AFT

LED lightbulbs for interior lighting is just kinda so-so...
    not quite as bright as the regular bulbs in many applications...
    have sort of a blue tinge to them...
    will try others. also have some 12v flourescent to try in the ceiling.