Total Disregard for active CW frqs...Is Digi now just ham spam?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by N7BKV, Feb 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA1GXC

WA1GXC Ham Member QRZ Page

U. S. Code of Federal Regulations

47 CFR 97.101 (b) (d)

" (d). No amateur operator shall willfully or maliciously interfere with or cause interference

to any radio communication or signal."

Yeh, nice job.

N7BKV and K0UO like this.
  2. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

The inference here is that I did something wrong. I was 3 dB down from max legal power and I was not on any active RTTY frequency by a margin of 4X.

W3DL likes this.
  3. KC9YGN

KC9YGN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The RTTY crowd seemed especially annoying this year. Dear lord, they were everywhere it seemed. But then I've been hearing SSB down in the CW bands too on a regular basis over the last year or so.

W9RAC likes this.
  4. K4RT

K4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

W5UAA didn't say he QRM'd anyone; he said he upped power to make contacts through the digital QRM.

W3DL likes this.
  5. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Likely legal Canadian SSB in the lower 40m CW slot... They are mostly heard above 7107 here...

6. KC9YGN

KC9YGN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You're right, they were. But one day I was copying two guys, one on shore and the other on a boat just off the Gulf coast down around, oh, 7050 or 7060, just below the FT8 group, chit chatting about nothing in particular. No call signs, just first names used.

Don't get me wrong, I like the FT modes and use FT8 a lot myself, but I get a wee bit irritated when I see FT8 and FT4 wandering deep into what has been traditionally CW territory for decades. I suspect it's going to get worse as propagation conditions improve and the FT8 areas become overwhelmed.