ad: Halibut-1

Too Many Requests - The user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by PA2RUS, Jun 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. PA2RUS

PA2RUS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When I startup my browser, my personal page from QRZ is loaded.

Since yesterday I get this reply when opening my page:

Too Many Requests
    The user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time.
    Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) Server at www.qrz.com Port 443

Even when I log out, and log in again, this error remains.
    I would expect this to be happening if I would have no subscription.

I do however have a subscription which states:

The total number of web lookups that you have made today: 0
    The total number of XML lookups that you have made today: 3 What is XML?
    Your daily maximum callsign lookup limit is: unlimited

So my question is, what is going on ?

2. PA2RUS

Still have the same error.
    Is there someone who can help or advise here?

upload_2021-6-29_8-53-38.png

3. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The same issue was reported by you on 5 Oct 2010. How was it resolved then?
    In the meantime, try not loading QRZ with your browser; rather select it from a menu or "favorites" bar after your browser has loaded.

JA6XZS likes this.
  4. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Choose another website for your browser's home page and see if the same issue happens. Then report back in here.

5. PA2RUS

Currently I don't even recall I asked the same question 11 years ago, sorry? And I do not recall how it was resolved.
    In 2010 I was not a payed member, so a limitation on the amount of lookups seems reasonable. So that might be the answer?

I would expect loading the page as homepage is not an issue since I have been doing that since 2007. All of a sudden the platform hicks and does not load the page?

Thanks for all your help, I'm fine

Best 73 Martin

6. PA2RUS

No it's just with the QRZ website. All other pages load normal.

7. K8VHL

" No it's just with the QRZ website. All other pages load normal." Exactly! That's why it's the problem. Two different people independently arrived at the same possible solution. You say no, that can't be the solution without even trying it. Most knowledgeable people that read your inquiry would come to the same conclusion we did that it is most likely a software problem at your end. The hundreds of thousands of other QRZ users are not having this problem. Only you.
    Just do what WN1MB said and then report back. We can't help you if you don't want to be helped.

8. K8VHL

@PA2RUS I'm sorry but I don't think I'm properly equipped to assist you any further with this. Perhaps someone else will step forward.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  9. WN1MB

In that @PA2RUS has ruled out our suggestions and is focused on it being a QRZ-only problem, perhaps it's best he contact this site's Help Desk here: https://ssl.qrz.com/support

What's that old saying? You know - the one that goes something like: If one person suggests something, think about it. If two people suggest the same thing, seriously consider it. And if three people suggest it, just do it.

I'd like to give attribution for that saying, but my search engine mojo seems to be taking the night off. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

10. K8VHL

It's generally attributed to Johnny Commonsense.

WN1MB likes this.
  11. WN1MB

Thank you.

common_sense.jpg

K8VHL likes this.
  12. PA2RUS

"Too Many Requests
    The user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time.
    Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) Server at www.qrz.com Port 443"

@WN1MB and @AJ4GQ maybe I was not clear enough with my question. Let me try to explain a little bit more...

An error like above is generated by the Apache webserver of qrz.com, it's not originated by my computer(s), tablet(s) of phone(s).
    It's a common known Apache error generated by, in this case, the (Ubuntu) Apache webserver at www.qrz.com. Most likely due to 'something' in the config of the webserver of qrz.com. It looks like a limitation is set on the number of lookups a visitor makes. Which makes quite some sence since the error says: "The user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time."

Which would be logical if you do not have a payed subscription. However I do have a subscription so my question seems quite logic as simple that the error indeed is caused by the QRZ platform, so that's why I popped the question here.

So dispite the fact that you guys want to help me, by suggesting to load other pages to see if the same error occurs, does not lead to any solution since the problem persists in, and generated by the Apache webserver of www.qrz.com
    Does that make any common sence to you @WN1MB ?

Hope I clarified it better now so you understand my point of view.

Anyway thanks for trying to help, I will contact the proposed solution to contact the supportdesk of qrz.com

Best 73 Martin

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  13. WN1MB

No, it doesn't. That sentence suggests you've diagnosed the problem to the Zed's webserver -- yet you're asking for help here from users and finally getting around to reporting the situation to the Zed's Support Desk.

K8VHL likes this.
  14. KY4GD

KY4GD Ham Member QRZ Page

You are right that it is Apache throwing the error. The question is, what are you doing to cause Apache to do so?

Are you familiar with anything like Burp Suite by any chance?

WOAH, I just hit Save to post this message, it saved, I scrolled up and hit Alert and got the attached:

Attached Files: