To the Military

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by Guest, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W8EFA

W8EFA Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KF4PEP @ May 15 2004,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (W8EFA @ May 15 2004,10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In WW2 did we terrorize our prisoners?  I think not!  However we didn't invade other countries back then.  We didn't jail and detain prisoners without charges back then.  We didn't basically change Americas policy to the &quot;end justifies the means&quot; as the Bush Administration has done.  Is there any wonder that this took place as the subtle message from this administration is being felt?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Man my history lessons must have been really screwed up, and I love military history.

We didn't invade any countries in WWII? You mean Italy, Germany, and Japan were defeated without us setting foot on thier soil or the countries they occupied??

We didn't jail and detain prisoners without charges? Heck we did it to US citizens! (not saying its right, but it damm sure happened) and we did it to plenty of enemy prisoners. We had POW camps all over the USA, and there were no charges filed, they were just POW's.

Liberal revisionist history at its finest![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I would in no way compare WW2 with Iraq.  If you don't know the difference then I sure won't be able to explain it to you.

Also in the treatment of prisoners - as a rule we americans have always been the &quot;good guys&quot;.  My uncle was in WW2 and when he was in Europe and the Germans had left and the Americans and Russians came behind them, the town people were praying the Americans would arrive first not the Russians.  My uncle tells the story of how they would enter houses of hiding people and call out &quot;does anyone want a chocolate bar&quot;. He ended up adopting two german girl orphans who were raised in the U.S by my Grandma.

My father was in charge of German prisoners. One of them carved him a buffet table with a knife he was so thankful for the way he was treated.

As far as the Japanese detainees - that was a mistake and a blight on our history.  But they were detained and not treated badly (besides being detained).

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Do not forget to write your anti-BPL letters,
    encourage new amateur radio participation and generally be nice
    to one another. That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.