To the Military

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by Guest, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (XV2PS @ May 15 2004,05:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is not the size of your gun, it is how you use it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Thats good, cause mines on the smaller side.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Given a choice, I'd rather have my M-14, but you gotta go with what your given.

2. kc0ebm

kc0ebm Banned QRZ Page

I'm with Chuck,

Nobody on either side of the isle is going to accept anything less than victory.

What the hell are we arguing about?

We've got a job to do. Failure is not an option. Let's pull all the stops and kick ass and take names. We could have this overwith in short order if we weren't so damn worried about pissing off somebody.

Like Chuck said, one shot, one kill. Don't allow them to live to tell their story how we treated them unfairly. No need for prisons where the guards can mess with them. Give all the prison guards guns and bullets and put them on the front line. They can earn their keep till we have time to procecute them after the war.

If there's a terrorist in a mosque, level the damn place. Marterdom is what they want anyway. Lets remove all the obstacles.

Our enemy is radical Islamic terrorists and murderers. Its time to quite pissing around and get the job DONE. We can listen to all the whining after its over!

ebm

3. W8EFA

W8EFA Ham Member QRZ Page

Quote from K3FT
    I say.. FINE! Let's play by THEIR rules and see how THEY like it.  

What did I mean by ugly american?  Statements like this and others here (Lets Nuke Em, Blow up the mosques, etc.).

Real americans do not stoop to the level of terrorists.  I would hope we would treat defenseless prisoners with respect NO MATTER WHAT. By the way - these individuals are not the terrorists.

In WW2 did we terrorize our prisoners?  I think not!  However we didn't invade other countries back then.  We didn't jail and detain prisoners without charges back then.  We didn't basically change Americas policy to the &quot;end justifies the means&quot; as the Bush Administration has done.  Is there any wonder that this took place as the subtle message from this administration is being felt?

What they did to Nick Berg was terrible - those animals need to be brought to justice.  But again, let's go after the terrorists, bring them to justice, and hopefully give them the death penalty within our laws..

4. KD5KUF

KD5KUF Guest

In the words of Colonel Jeff Cooper &quot;To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth&quot;. Author of book by same name.

And Robert A. Heinlein of the United States Navy, &quot;An armed society, is a polite society&quot;. Author of Starship Troopers, a book of war and society of the future.

And Craig Roberts, Marine Sniper, &quot;One Shot, One Kill&quot;. Note: he is co-author of the book by that name and lives nearby. I have not had the pleasure of meeting him personally yet.

These are men who have been there and done that. And have my deepest respect, as do all our servicemen and women who hold our country and its ideals dear.

KD5KUF

5. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (W8EFA @ May 15 2004,10:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In WW2 did we terrorize our prisoners?  I think not!  However we didn't invade other countries back then.  We didn't jail and detain prisoners without charges back then.  We didn't basically change Americas policy to the &quot;end justifies the means&quot; as the Bush Administration has done.  Is there any wonder that this took place as the subtle message from this administration is being felt?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Man my history lessons must have been really screwed up, and I love military history.

We didn't invade any countries in WWII? You mean Italy, Germany, and Japan were defeated without us setting foot on thier soil or the countries they occupied??

We didn't jail and detain prisoners without charges? Heck we did it to US citizens! (not saying its right, but it damm sure happened) and we did it to plenty of enemy prisoners. We had POW camps all over the USA, and there were no charges filed, they were just POW's.

Liberal revisionist history at its finest!

6. N0PU

N0PU Guest

I hope we do not make the same mistakes we and others have made in the past...

1. Americans placed in 'internment camps' during WWII...
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
    Some Japanese Americans died in the camps due to inadequate medical care and the emotional stresses they encountered. Several were killed by military guards posted for allegedly resisting orders.

At the time, Executive Order 9066 was justified as a &quot;military necessity&quot; to protect against domestic espionage and sabotage. However, it was later documented that &quot;our government had in its possession proof that not one Japanese American, citizen or not, had engaged in espionage, not one had committed any act of sabotage.&quot; (Michi Weglyn, 1976).

http://www.pbs.org/childofcamp/history/
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

German Americans interned: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3607871.stm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
    The &quot;racing&quot; of a group identified by religion and/or national origin has once again been combined with the portrayal of the group as a threat to national security. The government's association of Arab Americans and Muslims, however loosely, with &quot;terrorism,&quot; has much in common with both the treatment of Japanese Americans on the basis of their presumed disloyalty and the anti- communism that followed closely on the heels of World War II.

http://academic.udayton.edu/race/06hrights/WaronTerrorism/Arabs01.htm

When do we stop trying to group all folks of any group together and calling the entire group bad?

Some Hams do things on the air that I think is wrong and is actually illegal... That does not make all Hams bad... The individuals need to be caught and punished...

Some Arabs [apparently Arabs] lopped an American's head off... That does NOT make all Arabs bad... The perpetrators need to be caught and punished...

Timothy McVey [sp?] did the Oklahoma Bombing... He was a White American... This doen NOT make all white Americans bad.... He was caught and punished... but I NEVER heard anyone say all Americans should be shot ovewr that deal... A few bigots flew off the handle and assumed it was an Arab attack tho... Are they ashamed of it... Hell, I don't know...nobody admits to saying it now...

Think people... don't react with knee jerks... THINK, then speak...

We, as a country, are in serious danger... and I don't believe all the danger is from outside our borders... I believe that there are those among us who would like to see America become a near totalitarian state... With the 'Patriots Act' we are very near that now... Anyone accused of being a terrorist [including YOU] can be locked up without council, indefinately... and there isn't a frickin' thing you can do about it... Your relatives can scream to high heaven but it will do no good...

Section 101 of the proposed bill, titled &quot;Individual Terrorists as Foreign Powers,&quot; would revise the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) to permit the U.S. government to label individuals who are suspected terrorists-including American citizens-as &quot;foreign powers&quot; for the purpose of conducting total surveillance of their activities. This alteration nullifies all Fourth Amendment rights of the target, allowing the government to tap phones, search computers, and read e-mail-even when there is no evidence that a citizen is violating any statute. If Section 101 becomes law, the more people the feds wrongfully accuse of being terrorists, the more power federal agents will receive.

http://www.amconmag.com/05_19_03/cover.html

It is time to fix this... and it starts in our own minds... we must stop thinking in stereotypes and look at indiviual actions...

We must stop calling for the killing of an entire religion... ahhhh... That's what Hitler did wasn't it... He called for the 'final solution'... the extermination of the Jewish people...and he almost made it... He killed 6 million Jews... out of a total poulation of about 12 Million... and some folks here are calling for the same thing...

Makes me wonder what these folks are using for brain cells...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't stereotype. I define my comments by the actions (or lack of actions) by the group's members.

People who espouse Islam as their religion of choice have MUCH opportunity to stand up and CLEARLY state that their religion does not ADVOCATE, PROMOTE, INCITE, or indicate that killing of the 'infidel' (non-Islam) individual is wrong and will not be tolerated.

Some HAVE and for them.. I say &quot;WELCOME TO CIVILIZATION AND SOCIETY&quot;

MANY (including the most visible 'apologists for the terrorists' CAIR (Council for American-Islamic Relations) HAVE NOT yet condemed or publicy disavowed their support of what the radicals are/have done.

When asked.. the 'weasel word' and 'dance all around' the issue but WON'T come out and UNEQUIVOCABLY CONDEMN ADN REVIL the actions. YET, they WILL come out - most quickly - whenever they perceive ANY slight (no matter how small or inconsequential) against 'ISLAM'.

I have yet to see, hear, or observe powerful Muslims in Arab Countries come out in public OPEN unequivocably stated suport AGAINST these acts AND demand that their people report, turn in, and join the fight against these murderers.

SILENCE (in this case) MEANS ASSENT and ASSENT MEANS AGREEMENT. AGREEMENT MEANS SUPPORT AND SUPPORT MEANS CONDONING.

So, every Arab who WILL NOT speak up and condem this - as they STATE their Islamic religion SAYS thye should - is BY THEIR SILENCE condoning what hapened - just as the world by its silence condoned what Hilter did to the Jews in WW2.

SILENCE and INACTION provide the evil doers with the knowledge that what they are doing will not be rebuffed by their own people. So they continue until stopped.

ONCE the Arabs and their national leaderrs STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.. then they.. ARE complict bytheir silence and bear responsiblilty for providing the foundation of support that these murderers enjoy.

REMEMBER NICK BERG!

NEVER FORGET!

NEVER AGAIN!

This Country has been kicked in the crotch one time too many. It is time to pull up our pants, stop hugging our genitals, stand up straight and walk out smartly and honorably and do what has to be done.

it won't popular.
    It won't be pretty.
    It won't gain us the World's approbation.
    BUT IT WILL REGAIN US OUR HONOR AS AMERICANS. It will return America to the place where we say 'YOu can fight all you want. but if you fight US.. and it's dirty.. YOU SHALL pay the price! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The time for coddling is over.
    Mess with my Country.. mess with my countrymen... prepare to pay the bill.

END

FULL STOP

8. kc2jga

kc2jga Banned

K3FT
    Right on!!!!!!!

9. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

FT

Well said!

PEP... Ensure you not only check your 6, but the full 360 when you are over there.

It only takes less than 5 seconds to be a target and killed. Take the battle to these insurgents and show them what a warpath is like from us.

I say let's give scalping of heads over there a good ole ressurection from the early days of our country, since they like to decapitate. Scalping by far has to be much more painful.

10. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] ..Gee wonder why those folks in the video are wearing MASKS ? They must be AFRAID some one will recognise them....( dont see how....they all look alike )

The MASKS kind of reflect back to the mid 1900 s in the USA when the K K K was doing their stuff....and guess what....they wore masks too !!

So ( in a wild way ) those IRAQ folks are accidently / on purpose imitating the very folks they love to hate ( citizens of the U S A ).....imagine that !! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.