ad: ProAudio-1

TM-V71 remote access cross band mode

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KK6RPX, May 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KK6RPX

KK6RPX Ham Member QRZ Page

HI All,

I am trying to use the remote access function on a TM-71A to put it into cross band mode. I can get the radio to answer back and to switch modes BUT it does not cross band repeat. The CTRL and the PTT both flash and it does not repeat. Is this locked band mode? How do I get it into crossband mode?

Thanks!

Jonathan

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have the operator manual ?

You need to be very careful using crossband mode. To avoid interference and smoking the radio.

Are you using the radio controls or trying to do this remote ? You should be using the radio controls, And set the radio at low power, For starters.

Good Luck.

3. KK6RPX

Trying to do it through remote DTMF commands. I use the radio on crossband manually often. I can enter remote mode and can enter the radio ID and change modes. However, when I enter cross band mode it flashes both the PTT and CRTL icons on the screen and does not cross band.

4. N5SMO

N5SMO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought a Power on reset was required to put the radio into Crossband mode while holding certain keys down. I could be wrong and mistaking it for my other radio, an FTM400. It has been a while since I did it.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you are correct.

It needs to be activated at/on the radio.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  6. KK6RPX

Yes, a power down and up holding the correct button is required. For regular cross band mode it is the tone button, for remote access mode it is the rev key. As above, I can get it into remote mode and it answers remote commands. It just seem to go to locked mode not cross band.