TM-731a CMOS Reseting Itself

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by W5CNW, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I do know all about Barney Fife, What does that have to do with it ? We were friends growing up.

I see peoples concern , but it is their business and not ours.

Are you going to save the world ?

He is not a kid, are you kidding ?

His Father is good with it, he is the boss, Not YOU.

Andy would say , I already 10 ford ya. Over and out.

People assume to much for this real world. Time to get out of your Vacuum.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

You're right. I am not his father. Your statement suggests that unless a person is a parent, when a person sees a child in danger he should say nothing. This kid (He is 16 years old) is in harms way. Lets put your ridiculous opinion aside for a moment and look at the fact that he is working (volunteer) as a Security Guard. What are the requirements to be a Security Guard in Texas? One, he must be certified, is he? He must be 18, is he? Has he fulfilled any of the requirements outlined here: http://www.security-license.com/lic...unarmed-security-guard-licensing-requirements ?

I'm not even looking at the Amateur Radio or potential illegal aspects of using AR for this means.

3. W5CNW

W5CNW Ham Member QRZ Page

a: We are not security guards. See former posts. We are required to stay out of any and all possible situations.

b. We do not use our radios illegally. We use only amateur frequencies, which the PD and security are monitoring. If they need to contact us, they contact our net control, either by telephone or in person, they do not transmit on our frequencies and we do not transmit on theirs.

Moderators: Please lock this thread.

If I still need help with the radio I'll use the PM feature to contact people that have shown they have knowledge of the radio in question.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  4. KA9JLM

IBTL

People are just a little concerned about you. Be safe , that is about all I can tell you.

I hope you get your radio fixed. Please come back to the forum after your detail is over.

At least you got your 2 meter rig turned into a HF rig, with the help of the forum. lol

5. KA9JLM

Also, You can be 18 and serve in the military.

Then when you get back home, You can not legally buy a beer.

They use underage kids in stings all the time.

Thank You for your Concern.

Have a Great Day.

6. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

You do, however, perform a service that involves a pecuniary interests (Not having to pay for more security guards). That is not in the spirit, or letter, of Part 97.

7. W5CNW

W5CNW Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't want to continuously debate this, but I do most certainly have a rebuttal for that statement:

We do not get paid. You probably already figured that.
    More applicable to your point, we do not provide any kind of security services, nor do we try to. If I had to make an analogy to a job similar to ours, performed by a non-ham, it would probably have to be that of a civilian shopper that calls 911 to report a burglary. The difference, however is that we (the hams) are there specifically for that purpose. The civilian would have already been there, just not for that purpose. The only way this could have pecuniary interests is if the mall were obligated to pay a monetary reward to the 911 caller, and not to the ham. They, of course, aren't obligated to pay any kind of reward, unless a reward has already been offered for a particular wanted person or crime. And then it probably wouldn't even come from the mall, and we (the hams) would be just as eligible as any civilian.

Note that there is a big difference between us (and the 911 caller, for that matter) and the security/police officer that would respond to a situation because of a call from 911 or from us.

Hopefully I've proven that a.) We're not security guards, police, or anything similar. b.) We're not making money. C.) The mall is not making (or saving) any money because of us, and d.) We're not in any unusual or unusually high level of danger.

8. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't have to get paid. You are acting in a capacity, that eliminates the need to pay for additional security guards at the mall. That is a pecuniary interests, and it's in violation of both the spirit, and the letter of the law.

An example: Would you say it's ok, for a group of amateurs to provide package tracking services for UPS, without being paid? Of course not. UPS should buy and license the appropriate gear for that service.

9. WA8LGM

WA8LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

Might suggest that you look for all of the tantalum capacitors and replace them. I had that problem in a Motorola Spectra Astro. Replaced all the tantalums with electrolytics. Problem disappeared thereafter. GL on the public service. 73!
    Using one hams's logic, ARES members, of which I am one, should get paid for doing public service events, NOT!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.