Tired Topics

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by Guest, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4EMS

N4EMS Guest

OK, I would agree, there are some REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY tired posts out there. So, how about these for a switch:

1. Underwater Billiards;
    2. Hot Air Ballooning for Politicians;
    3. Top Ten Favorite Hooters Calanders;

These are just a couple of thoughts that I had on this lonely night in beautiful, downtown Shady Hills, FL.
    [​IMG]

Ta Ta for Now!

Eric
    N4DMJ

2. K5CEY

K5CEY QRZ Member

Glen,
      I'm sure that you're correct in that we lost 11 meters in late 1957. I'm probably relating to my 1st experience with a CB mobile installation. This same guy, which I mentioned earlier that had the Vocaline 465 Mc rigs a year or so earlier had upgraded to a 27Mc CB installation in his 1959 Ford Ranchero truck. I seem to recall that it was a WRL Globe transceiver (Vibrapack powered of course) which was mounted behind the seat. And the classic ball and spring antenna mount with a full length 1/4 wave whip.
      We're going back a few years here.
                         John

3. N2ACX

N2ACX Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] HI all, Im sure there are alot of "tired posts" out here, but then again whats wrong with that? Has anyone watched TV lately? I think even the dullest of posts can sometimes trigger an intelligent thought or two now and then, and some can be amusing also.
    Here are a few of thoughts to ponder and maybe discuss.
    How about..........then again there's...............OH!, how about, what methods are the radio manufacturers going to use in order to get us to buy their outdated amateur gear when the inclusion of digital voice mode still hasn't been addressed?
    It would seem the manufacturers are too busy trying to design "converters" and such nonsense for us.
    I for one would purchase a "digital ready" general coverage/amateur transciever that would reflect the real "State of the Art" without it costing $10,000/unit.
    A general coverage amateur transciever, digital voice as a primary, SSB,AM,and a built in keyer for CW,yes CW, but requiring an additional 12khz IF for digital shortwave broadcasts and another digital processing area for the amateur bands may be too much to ask for until they "milk" the system for all they can get.
    Where's the magic, a Digital shortwave reciever with the 12khz IF cost only about 50 bucks.
    I want to try all the new modes of transmission, I don't believe there is any such thing as "outdated modes" as many would subscribe to, but I prefer to look at it as an additional means and method of communication, more efficient with some, but never-the-less ALL are enjoyable.
    I will not, myself, be purchasing any new amateur equipment or "converters", cept for the analog tv's that I will still have when HDTV becomes the only thing available, and will have to have an D-A Converter.
    73 Gary N2ACX........whew!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (w5alt @ Feb. 08 2004,13:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not sure I understand. It's already flying.

60 meter discussions[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It did'nt the NIST comment is still being read so operation on 60 meter is still at the pleasure of the fcc.IF your good boys and meet the absured tech requirments mandated by NISTyou in.The key word is IF

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I love it.we need a bit more humor
    If it was'nt for boolegers nobody would have anything to bitch about.
    TANSTAFL = There Aint No Such Thing As Free
    Lunch
    I read science fiction too

BCingU WA6FFV (how would it be in cw?)

6. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

W3SY sez:

&quot;There are no tired topics. Just tiresome posters.&quot;

Out.

7. W0LC

W0LC Ham Member QRZ Page

In no order of preference or heirarchy:

1. Code/No-Code
    2. Tech/Extra
    3. Contests
    4. Name Calling
    5. ARRL
    6. Riley
    7. Gays
    8. Religion
    9. Freebanders
    10. Code Testing (kinda related to (1) above)
    11. Bad amateur ops (related to equipment sales)
    12. Wide Band SSB
    13. Illegal equipment dealers

Heck. There's nothing left to talk about!!! Or should say, complain about!

In all honesty though, these and other topics pop up frequently when someone expresses an experience, opinion, feeling, etc. regarding issues associated with any of them.

Kinda what makes us tick though.

If everyone could learn to be respectful with presenting opinions and not dive off the deep end, some of the topics would be fun to participate in.

8. KN6Z

KN6Z Ham Member QRZ Page

The topic of tired topics.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (w3sy @ Feb. 07 2004,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OM WA6FFV, Albert, has a good point! There ARE a lot of tired topics on this forum.

Albert, what new and exciting topic would you like to introduce? The floor is yours, sir!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    How about Band Plans?
    A band plan is just a gentelmans agreement that aquires it's force through custom and use.Like our common law evolved.So! I'm a smart-ass there's your topic run with it.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Do not forget to write your anti-BPL letters,
    encourage new amateur radio participation and generally be nice
    to one another. That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.