Tired Topics

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by Guest, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ham radio is a very large hole into which one poors money======.
    Tired subjects for ham radio forums:
    10 meter bootlegers
    code/no-code
    Any one who wants to add to the list,be my guest.

WA6FFv

2. ka8jhm

ka8jhm Ham Member QRZ Page

My best advise here regarding these two topics, if they bother you, don't read them, but until these matters are resolved, I think they're here to stay.
    The talk about ten meter bandits are of concern to many that use ten meters, and can hear these interlopers, and the no-code issue by the sheer number of people responding must also be of great interest. At least to those of us that like and use code, and took the time and effort to learn it. Sorry!
    Bob TBTM

3. KD5KUF

KD5KUF Guest

If these topics are so tired, why did you revive them again? [​IMG]

4. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] ...hmmm...since the qrz.com database sez you are a GENERAL class operator, try studying for the EXTRA class licence.....or...look at other web sites of amateur radio....or... ELMER a person to become a no-code-tech or a GENERAL ( like you are right now )....or...

5. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

OM WA6FFV, Albert, has a good point! There ARE a lot of tired topics on this forum.

Albert, what new and exciting topic would you like to introduce? The floor is yours, sir!

[​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

For the information of all hands===
     I am a General Class-I was granted my licence before incentive  licencing was"cool"and proud of it.
     Remember when 11 meters was a ham band?Iguess not,your all too young.Any way it got a few danders up but I did'nt mean to start a flame.
     I'd like to hear the groups thoughts about the new 60 meter band.I do'nt think its going to fly but if it does I have a Icom Marine rig I can program the ham frequencys
    into
                    BCingU&73's WA6FFV

7. W5ALT

W5ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

8. K5CEY

K5CEY QRZ Member

WA6FFV,
     I remember when 11 meters was a ham band. We lost it as I recall about 1959. I was there the 1st day to listen in.
     Everyone I heard for that 1st week were Hams. Things were pretty straight laced back then and everyone I heard had a legal permit. Typical call letters from this area were 10W01329 or such. I think the 1st guy I heard was using a rig made by International.
     The whole thing was supposed to be a pleasant retrieve from the usual rat race of some guys running 50 watts and others running a full gallon (and provide communication to the common citizen).
     Mostly what I heard (and mentioned in QST and CQ)  was that now we're on an even keel. Everybody is limited to 5 watts input and everyone has an equal chance.
     That would have been nice, but we all know how it turned out.
      The 1st blatenly illegal station I saw was when I was in the Army at Ft. Bliss, Texas in 1967. One of my fellow classmates had met a CBer in town that had a pair of 1625's on 27 Mc. I went with this guy one day to see the set up. I was really upset and didn't want any part of it. I could not believe that anyone could outright abuse the regulations like that. From that point in time we know how really bad it got.
      Anyway, bottom line, losing 11 meters was not a great loss. I don't have a copy of the old regs anymore but mostly what I recall is that full duplex operation was permitted on 11. And as someone pointed out there was some medical diathermy equipment operating in the band at the time, which was a strong, rough, unfiltered carrier that wandered up and down the band.
      I'm sorry that the garbage has now creeped up into our segment of 10 meters.
        John K5CEY   ain't never had a CB rig and sure don't want one

9. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (w5alt @ Feb. 08 2004,13:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not sure I understand. It's already flying.

60 meter discussions[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

10. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

John:

11 meters, which was a shared band with amateur radio operators on a secondary basis, was converted to the Class &quot;D&quot; Citizen's Radio Service in late 1957. The Class &quot;D&quot; Citizen's Radio Service was originally considered to be a land mobile service which had priority on the 27 MHz band.

Amateurs first got 11 meter privileges in 1951. However, it wasn't that much used although many of the old &quot;boat anchor&quot; transmitters did have 11 meter capabilities. Of course the crystal controlled transmitters just had the 10 meter band indicated as 11/10 meters. However, those transmitters with VFO operation did generally have a separate band for 11 meter operation.

A few of the &quot;amateur band only&quot; receivers did have 11 meters on them including all of the Collins &quot;A&quot; line receivers and even the Heath Mohawk which was designed before 11 meters ceased to be available to amateur radio operators although they came on the market in 1958.

Glen, K9STH

Glen, K9STH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.