Time to Rant

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG7MM, Jun 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KG7MM

KG7MM Ham Member QRZ Page

I for the life of me cannot understand why Ham's list items for sale and Do Not answer Direct emails.

I have offered to purchase Currently listed items, ( listed 1-7 days ago ) and have not received any answer, not even a F you.

I've even offered to pick the item up with Cash in hand.

If it's Sold, mark it as sold and save another Ham the same aggravation that I'm going through.

Everyone Cannot be in the Hospital having surgery at the same time, or work 24/7. Everyone has a cell phone with email.

I'm on 2 other Ham Forums, and it's the same thing there.

K1OIK likes this.
  2. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What I've noticed is people are different and act differently yet people wonder why they don't act just like they would.

I 100% agree that it can be annoying. Just like listening to people complain about things they have no power to change over and over is annoying. I mean if you can't change. Deal with it and move on. Life is too short to stress out about something you cannot control.

KO4PYL, KN4XJ, VK4HAT and 4 others like this.
  3. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Don't let it bother you. Buy new from a reputable dealer.

N6XJP, W9RAC, KK5JY and 3 others like this.
  4. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I suspect that some offer things for sale, then have second thoughts...

KK5JY likes this.
  5. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

For the life of me I don't understand why hams list any radio gear for sale on Facebook. I don't have a Facebook account because Zuck's business practices suck in my opinion and I've never had any use for walled gardens such as Facebook, AOL etc. Here's what happens: You go to Facebook Marketplace and as far as I can tell, you can't go beyond 500 miles from your QTH. There are multiple ham selling groups, not just one central sell or buy destination inside the Facebook realm. I can search using Google, but if I want to browse, everything is presented linearly with no apparent end. The Google search isn't exhaustive or up to date. And even if I find something I want to purchase, I can't find any information on the seller because I don't have a Facebook account. Really fellows, what's the problem with QRZ, eHam, or swap.qth.com?

Back on topic: Some hams, many in fact, are weirdoos. They list something with no intention of selling it, because they get off on knowing they have something desirable, or they want to find out what someone is willing to pay for it, or they have no intention of getting rid of the FS item, but they have to tell their XYL they're trying to get rid of stuff so she quits complaining. There are lots of hidden agendas that have nothing to do with actually conducting a transaction.

There are also hams who have to be sweet talked to pry something out of their hands like a skittish first date. All of these folks are a complete waste of time. It's either for sale or it isn't. If you don't get a reply put them on your flake list and move on. Yeah, I'm being judgemental. Life is too short to waste on flakes.

N4DJT, W4HM and WA1GXC like this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, there goes all the motivation to interact with the usual suspects.

WA8FOZ, KK5JY, KA0USE and 3 others like this.
  7. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I experienced the same thing recently with a ham here in Florida about an Ameritron AL-80B. He offered me the amp twice and I had cash in hand and car to go pick it up.

For me it's easier to buy gear new, if the item is actually in stock at the store.:eek::rolleyes:

K1OIK and W2AI like this.
  8. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I sometimes see ads listed simultaneously on here and on Facebook. To me Facebook Marketplace is good because it appeals to a more local audience. I have had items listed on FB sell within hours and had the cash in hand the same day. No shipping to deal with, and no checks, money orders, or PayPal hassles, either. Just my .02. . .

KB9OFM likes this.
  9. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I neither have the time nor tolerance to deal with this type of BS. Furthermore; I don't purchase other peoples' 2nd hand junk.

WD0BCT and KE0GXN like this.
  10. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Virtue Points Award Committee is processing your claim.

WW2E, KV5J, K4NWD and 3 others like this.