Time To Change The Contest Rules

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE3II, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (aa7bq @ April 13 2004,08:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To PaulK9PG and AC4BB

The two of you are driving this discussion down a rathole.  Please stop the tit-for-tat one-liners and rethoric postings.  State your case, if you have one, and be done with it.  The group as a whole isn't terribly interested in reading an online shouting match between the two of you.

-fred  AA7BQ

QRZ.COM[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's been done OM...I've stated my case dozens of times... but this AC4BB still continues with the personal insults and attacks... calls people liars... and refuses to answer any questions posed to him. He's obviously one of the people that cause intentional QRM on the bands... he's already admitted to it once...I'm just trying to figure out what his rationale is.

And he's the one that insists on doing this publicly..... I've tried to email him directly many times... and he just replies with more personal attacks and refuses to answer any questions.... and now says that he has my email blocked.

You should be barking up his tree OM.... why don't you ban him from posting any more of his nonsense... then I guarantee you that this thread will die down.

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

Paul, Bryan,

Let me see if I can make this more clear as you evidently just don't get it.

You have stooped to attacking your adversary as opposed to attacking his position.  This is known as an ad hominem attack.  A solid giveaway clue is when you find yourself mentioning your adversary's callsign or login ID in every reply.

Of course, your opponent in this case is just as guilty and my point is straightforward - I'm sick of it.  I'm telling you both, right now, to either stop this or I'll simply cut both of you off.

There is no need to defend yourself if someone else makes a personal insult or attack.  By doing so, you drag yourself down to their level and in effect, dignify their response or assertion.  This only fans the flame.

Get over it and agree to disagree.  Stop the name calling and the one-liners or I'll stop it for you.

-fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.