Time To Change The Contest Rules

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE3II, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N9KZU @ April 12 2004,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 11 2004,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, I can't  help  it  if  you  can't  keep your posters  straight[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Wasn't it you who accused me of making negative comments regarding the YWCA?

Mow your own lawn before you comment on your neighbor's tall grass..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, you  mow  your  grass  and  I'll mow  mine  ok.  Proves you  aren't perfect either don't it  superman?.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kb9uwu @ April 12 2004,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am very excited for the next contest I operate in.  It is a very nice feeling to feel so welcomed on the ham bands!  14.232 sounds like a frequency I should plop on while its not in use and operate on allllllll night. [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You  come  on and  plop   down there  and  you'll  get  the  message .  Better  keep  your  butt  off there.  And  not incite trouble.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    LOL.... OM, didn't we go through this one time already?

Show the world where it says in the R2 band plan that SSTV has exclusive rights to any freq. Please OM... answer the question.

Now.... I just know that you're not implying that you would cause intentional QRM if someone would use SSB on 14.232, right? Of course, you're not implying that.

How about the rest of the questions OM?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N9KZU @ April 12 2004,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 11 2004,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, I can't  help  it  if  you  can't  keep your posters  straight[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Wasn't it you who accused me of making negative comments regarding the YWCA?

Mow your own lawn before you comment on your neighbor's tall grass..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, you  mow  your  grass  and  I'll mow  mine  ok.  Proves you  aren't perfect either don't it  superman?.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Did anyone else other than me not understand this?

OM... how about just answering his question... where did he lie about something?

You sure are behind on all the questions.... good thing this isn't a test in school... you can't really pass a test without answering the questions.

4. AC4BB

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PaulK9PG @ April 12 2004,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kb9uwu @ April 12 2004,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am very excited for the next contest I operate in.  It is a very nice feeling to feel so welcomed on the ham bands!  14.232 sounds like a frequency I should plop on while its not in use and operate on allllllll night. [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You  come  on and  plop   down there  and  you'll  get  the  message .  Better  keep  your  butt  off there.  And  not incite trouble.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Show the world where it says in the R2 band plan that SSTV has exclusive rights to any freq.   Please OM... answer the question.  

Now.... I just know that you're not implying that you would cause intentional QRM if someone would use SSB on 14.232, right?    Of course, you're not implying that.

How about the rest of the questions OM?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ok, Paul,you and the rebel band obviously want attention I can just do this no if you say that no where is protected fair game i'll play by those rules and ain't nobody going to be happy this crap of demanding absolute rule seems to give you some sadistic thrill for your ego. It ain't as fun as you think is. Sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone. And don't open up Pandoras box.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,22:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PaulK9PG @ April 12 2004,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kb9uwu @ April 12 2004,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am very excited for the next contest I operate in.  It is a very nice feeling to feel so welcomed on the ham bands!  14.232 sounds like a frequency I should plop on while its not in use and operate on allllllll night. [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Show the world where it says in the R2 band plan that SSTV has exclusive rights to any freq.   Please OM... answer the question.  

Now.... I just know that you're not implying that you would cause intentional QRM if someone would use SSB on 14.232, right?    Of course, you're not implying that.

How about the rest of the questions OM?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ok, Paul,you  and the  rebel band  obviously want attention I can  just  do this  no  if  you say  that no  where is  protected  fair game i'll play by those  rules  and  ain't  nobody  going  to  be  happy  this crap of  demanding  absolute rule  seems  to  give  you  some  sadistic  thrill  for  your  ego. It ain't  as  fun as  you think is.  Sometimes it's  better to  leave well enough  alone.  And don't open up Pandoras  box.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No OM.....  all I'm asking you is where in the R2 band plan it says that SSTVers have exclusive rights to any part of any band.    

I'll even make it easier for you OM....   here's the 20m band plan... it's pretty much identical on every band plan that I've ever seen

14000 - 14070 CW  
    14070 - 14095 Digimode, CW  
    14095 - 14099,5 Packet, Digimode, CW  
    14099,5 - 14100,5 IBP/NCDXF  
    14100,5 - 14112 Packet, Phone, CW  
    14112 - 14225 Phone, CW  
    14225 - 14235 SSTV, FAX, Phone, CW  
    14235 - 14350 Phone, CW

That there tells me that if KB9UWU wants to operate SSB on 14.232, as long as the freq is not being used by anyone else... he's prefectly welcome to.    And if you play with your SSTV stuff on 14.228, as long as the freq is clear, you are perfectly welcome too as well.

So what's the problem?

And I couldn't agree with you more OM..... sometimes it is best to leave well enough alone.... and well enough means not having any of these "non-contest windows" on any band... and I've done an excellent job outlining why that's the case.  

And Pandora's box was opened when this thread was started again.... I'm not the one that started it.

Funny how you haven't bothered to comment one single time on any of the facts posted.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No problem  Paul,  I'll  be there  buddy.  and  you  can bet I'll  be  all over  all the  bands.  And when someone  bellyaches about me  being there  I'll  tell  them " Hey,  too  bad take it  up  with K9pg  and  kb9uwu  and the others  because  they  told  me  nothing's  protected  and the gloves are off.

NOW, HOW DO YOU  WANT IT  BIG  MAN.?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    As long as you stick to the band plan, you do whatever rolls your socks up and down.

14000 - 14070 CW
    14112 - 14225 Phone, CW
    14235 - 14350 Phone, CW

Here it is again in case you missed it OM. Might want to print that out.

And if you want to blame me and KB9UWU for your own poor operating habits.... knock yourself out.

>>NOW, HOW DO YOU WANT IT BIG MAN.?

Looks like your caps lock got stuck there OM... but I'll take an Acom 2000 since you're offering. That's fairly big and should fit in my shack just fine.... man. Ship it to my call book address.

7. AC4BB

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PaulK9PG @ April 12 2004,22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No problem  Paul,  I'll  be there  buddy.  and  you  can bet I'll  be  all over  all the  bands.  And when someone  bellyaches about me  being there  I'll  tell  them " Hey,  too  bad take it  up  with K9pg  and  kb9uwu  and the others  because  they  told  me  nothing's  protected  and the gloves are off.

As long as you stick to the band plan, you do whatever rolls your socks up and down.  

14000 - 14070 CW  
    14112 - 14225 Phone, CW  
    14235 - 14350 Phone, CW

Here it is again in case you missed it OM.   Might want to print that out.  

And if you want to blame me and KB9UWU for your own poor operating habits.... knock yourself out.  

>>NOW, HOW DO YOU  WANT IT  BIG  MAN.?

Looks like your caps lock got stuck there OM... but I'll take an Acom 2000 since you're offering. That's fairly big and should fit in my shack just fine.... man.     Ship it to my call book address.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No my caps  weren't  stuck that  was JUST FOR  YOU.

I'm  telling you like it is  Don't rock the boat. because with the general exception of you and about 10 more contesters. the contest and non-contesters have had a pretty good operating relationship and co - existed mighty well. It would behoove you to as I said don't open Pandoras box here because you probably won't like the results. And the contesters have until now with some exceptions have pretty much got whatever they wanted. But, you and the others start some crap then you may see changes in the rules. Better save that ego trip or whatever kind of trip you're currently on for birdwatching or some other concurence but not here.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,23[​IMG]4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PaulK9PG @ April 12 2004,22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No problem  Paul,  I'll  be there  buddy.  and  you  can bet I'll  be  all over  all the  bands.  And when someone  bellyaches about me  being there  I'll  tell  them " Hey,  too  bad take it  up  with K9pg  and  kb9uwu  and the others  because  they  told  me  nothing's  protected  and the gloves are off.

14000 - 14070 CW  
    14112 - 14225 Phone, CW  
    14235 - 14350 Phone, CW

Here it is again in case you missed it OM.   Might want to print that out.  

>>NOW, HOW DO YOU  WANT IT  BIG  MAN.?

Looks like your caps lock got stuck there OM... but I'll take an Acom 2000 since you're offering. That's fairly big and should fit in my shack just fine.... man.     Ship it to my call book address.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No  my  caps  weren't  stuck  that  was JUST FOR  YOU.

I'm  telling you like it is  D[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    D? What's that mean?

Funny... you can't even recognize sarcasm when you see it.

Now.... back to the issue(s).... there are still a lot of unanswered questions OM.... how about answering them?

Do you need me to list them for you?

Maybe we can have a rag chew about all of these issues on 20 meters.... say...  14.232, assuming that you and your SSTV cohorts aren't using it?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No my caps  weren't  stuck that  was JUST FOR  YOU.

I'm  telling you like it is  Don't  rock the boat.  because  with the  general  exception of  you  and  about  10  more  contesters.  the  contest  and  non-contesters  have  had a pretty  good  operating relationship  and  co - existed  mighty well.  It would  behoove  you  to  as  I  said  don't  open  Pandoras  box  here  because  you  probably  won't  like the results.  And the contesters have until now with  some exceptions have pretty  much  got whatever they  wanted.  But, you  and the  others  start  some  crap  then you  may  see  changes in the  rules.  Better  save that  ego  trip or whatever  kind  of trip  you're currently on  for  birdwatching  or  some  other concurence  but  not here.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Avoiding the question again....  so I'll try asking it a different way.

According to the R2 band plan.... which is right here....

14000 - 14070 CW  
    14112 - 14225 Phone, CW  
    14235 - 14350 Phone, CW

... if someone was operating on 14.232 using SSB, either during or outside of a contest, after determining that nobody else was using it for SSTV or anything else, are you saying that it is OK for you to intentionally QRM them with your SSTV or otherwise?

I'm still wondering what D is too.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ April 12 2004,23[​IMG]4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">with the general exception of you and about 10 more contesters. the contest and non-contesters have had a pretty good operating relationship and co - existed mighty well. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Just re-read your post OM... and you're right. Contesters and non-contesters have had a pretty good operating relationship... with the exception of the bad apples...

But since most contesters and non/anti-contesters get along, doesn't that beg the question "Why was this thread even started in the first place?"

And since most contesters and non/anti-contesters get along, doesn't it also beg the question "Why does the non/anti-contest crowd need your own little 'non-contest window' if we all get along so well?"

Of course, I'm expecting more name calling... and spin.... and nothing remotely close to anything that could be construed as an answer to these questions... but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.