Time Spent: Doing radio vs thinking about radio

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7TCT, Nov 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. G3ZPF

G3ZPF Subscriber QRZ Page

Just a heads-up about retirement. If you want to stand any chance of getting all the 'free time' in retirement you're expecting it is crucially important that you don't tell anyone in your family, or neighbours, that you've retired :)
    On retirement you become the go-to guy for, well, everything really because "...as you've got nothing to do all day..."

As ex-military you could always hint that your hours in the shack are a cover for 'govt business'.

N3AWS likes this.
  2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have found that quite often the anticipation of doing something is just as pleasing as the actual something. In other words the planning is just as important as the doing. And when the planning and the doing come together as a success it's a double win!

Some time the best laid plans don't generate the success we expected...but the planning kept me busy. Now....onto the next project!

F8WBD, N1VAU, N1OOQ and 2 others like this.
  3. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Consider it forgotten. :=)

4. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Noob, newb, newbie, etc. are all put-downs that mean YOU are new and know nothing, I am experienced and know EVERYTHING. They are ALL denigrating remarks.

What should be said is... Congratulations on earning your Technician license. That is quite an accomplishment. It has been a long time since I got my Extra ticket and I may have forgotten a lot. Please feel free to correct me if you see me make a mistake. If there is ever anything I can do for you, just let me know.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  5. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Or "noob" could have been meant in jest to tease a younger (as in less experienced) brother in this hobby. :p

Sgt.-Hulka.jpg

LOL :D

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Welcome rookie, novice ham.

N1VAU likes this.