ad: ProAudio-1

Tim Allen is a Ham on his new show "Last Man Standing"

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AA6JA, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AA6JA

AA6JA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Tim Allen's character "Mike Baxter" is KA0XTT on his new show "Last Man Standing". The show has assembled a lot of great radio gear which can be seen in the back of Mike's office.
    The show's producer NN6JA is tweeting at: @NN6JA and reachable at JAmodeo.TV@gmail.com. Enjoy the show!

2. VE3NLP

VE3NLP Ham Member QRZ Page

Just for fun looked up the call and this is what I got:

KA0XTT [​IMG] USA
    Mike Baxter
    4024 Radford Ave - Bungalow 17
    Studio City, CA 91604
    USA

3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Sent him my card months ago and he does not qsl? :p

4. W3LR

W3LR Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep up with the Creativity! Cannot hurt Ham Radio or the Visibility to John Q Public !
    De W3LR
    Don

5. W5RB

W5RB Guest

Apparently , he does qsl on QRZ . Not sure how the callsign got listed here , but it is not in the ULS , so presumably not valid for use on air , or countable for awards . AE7Q says it's reserved as an experimental station call . Cute , regardless . Hafta check out the show sometime .

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a fake call. I know two people who work on the show.

And they are very much encouraging him to get a real ham license! Maybe that will happen.

The show is recorded very close to where I live, but the "QSOs" made with the fake callsign do not go out on the air.

7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Crest Radio Museum has offered Tim and the show use of countless vintage radios should they need them. They said they might.

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That would be slick, Pat!

Right now everything shown is pretty new.

It would be amazing to have the show also demo some older stuff.

Maybe one of your eight zillion Twoers.:eek:

9. N1MLF

N1MLF Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe in line with the "Home Improvement" series he could tell his woes and ask advice on the rig as he did with Wilson over the back fence.
    It would be great if he did get a ticket.. That's a QSL card I'd work for!!
    73..JW

10. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just hope the show gets better, I watched one episode and thought it was kind of corny. But than again there aren't very many sitcoms I like and if radio was part of the one episode I watched I probably wouldn't have watched it.

11. W6UDO

W6UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

I see where NN6JA...J Amodeo, his producer, is his QSL manager. Maybe you should try him. But since he can't get on the air with that call, maybe you can get a SWL card when you copy him on the show.
    Vy 73...Joe

12. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I got mine within a couple weeks after sending him a K8MHZ card. I just sent it to the addy listed under his call here on the Zed.

xttweb.jpg

Maybe yours never made it to them and you should try again.

13. W6UDO

W6UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

Tnx much, Mark. I'll do that!! I was kidding about the SWL card, but have to send him one now.
    Vy 73...Joe

14. 2E0FRY

2E0FRY Ham Member QRZ Page

he does qsl you need to get intouch through his facebook page all info on ham nation 34

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.