Tierny and abuse of power

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD7QYU, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N8YV

N8YV Ham Member QRZ Page

I just want to know one thing: Who is this "Tierny" fellow? Is he the club's president or chief officer?

2. N0KLT

N0KLT QRZ Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N8YV @ May 15 2004,11:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just want to know one thing: Who is this &quot;Tierny&quot; fellow? Is he the club's president or chief officer?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    He is Jean's father!!!

And if you have to wonder who Jean is, you are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too young. [​IMG]

3. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N0KLT @ May 15 2004,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N8YV @ May 15 2004,11:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just want to know one thing: Who is this &quot;Tierny&quot; fellow? Is he the club's president or chief officer?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    He is Jean's father!!!

And if you have to wonder who Jean is, you are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too young. [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    When I first saw this, I, too, was wondering about Tierny. Then I figured it out - wasn't it Gene and not Jean?

As to getting on Channel 17 and inviting folks to become hams --- doggone it, stop it! Thanks.

Ed

4. N0KLT

N0KLT QRZ Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (W5HTW @ May 15 2004,19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N0KLT @ May 15 2004,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N8YV @ May 15 2004,11:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just want to know one thing: Who is this &quot;Tierny&quot; fellow? Is he the club's president or chief officer?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    He is Jean's father!!!

And if you have to wonder who Jean is, you are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too young. [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    When I first saw this, I, too, was wondering about Tierny. Then I figured it out - wasn't it Gene and not Jean?

As to getting on Channel 17 and inviting folks to become hams --- doggone it, stop it! Thanks.

Ed[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Now that you bring it up, it was Gene. OOPS [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Do not forget to write your anti-BPL letters,
    encourage new amateur radio participation and generally be nice
    to one another. That is all.

6. KD7QYU

KD7QYU Ham Member QRZ Page

dirtdavis
    Huh! Why dont you use your callsign?

73 Jud
    kd7qyu [​IMG]

7. K4KWH

K4KWH Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KC0LNU @ May 12 2004,06:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this a non-profit club?

If so, do the board members have any idea what legal problems they could be causing themselves and the club members because of this stupidity?

You have a tough decision.

As for their idiotic view on CB -- if every club kicked amateurs out who used or owned a CB radio before they got their ticket there would be very few folks left to operate the bands.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Agreed! Somebody ought to send those guys a mirror! [​IMG]

8. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

You guy's make it sound like if it were not for CB there would be no Amateur Radio. If you were not so misinformed you would realize if it were not for those who were not qualified to be a Radio Amateur,there would no longer be a CB.In my opinion I think it is very forward thinking for a Club to have a law that any Amateur Member who admits to being a CB'er is automatically expelled.This is a good example where &quot;Don't ask ,Don't tell &quot;is a very necessary rule. If a Radio Amateur wanted to be a CB'er he would not have bothered to pass the Amateur exam,the two are mutually exclusive.
    This topic is a very good example of what is going on,and why club membership is declining.Ham Clubs no longer have to do with Amateur Radio.   [​IMG]

9. AD7BK

AD7BK Ham Member QRZ Page

You know the Radio Club of Tacoma has not really said thier side. This topic is one sided. After seeing the truth of what happend, I have deleted my previous posts. I am just letting you know, that this is one sided. Perhaps sometime the TRUTH will come out.

AD7BK

10. N0OV

N0OV Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K6UEY @ May 31 2004,15:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You guy's make it sound like if it were not for CB there would be no Amateur Radio. If you were not so misinformed you would realize if it were not for those who were not qualified to be a Radio Amateur,there would no longer be a CB.In my opinion I think it is very forward thinking for a Club to have a law that any Amateur Member who admits to being a CB'er is automatically expelled.This is a good example where &quot;Don't ask ,Don't tell &quot;is a very necessary rule. If a Radio Amateur wanted to be a CB'er he would not have bothered to pass the Amateur exam,the two are mutually exclusive.
    This topic is a very good example of what is going on,and why club membership is declining.Ham Clubs no longer have to do with Amateur Radio.   [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Guess it couldn't be caused by amateur radio snobs who think having the license puts them a step above everyone else.

Thankfully (present company included) these folks are few and far between.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.