Tierny and abuse of power

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD7QYU, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KY5U

KY5U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dan,

Sounds to me like a cease fire on both sides and a sit down to discuss options is in order. If I was Jud, I'd see what options were for remaining in the club under a few ground rules. If I were Gary, I would not want to lose one member if both sides can agree on the conditions.

In some cases people are just to mad at each other to put differences behind. All it takes is one party willing to carry the torch.

This one sounds fixable. Since you guys brought this here, maybe you'll let us know how it all turns out. Hopefully you'll both do the right thing. Good luck!

2. WA5KRP

WA5KRP Ham Member QRZ Page

Just as I feared - a pissing contest. And nobody in this forum can fix a damn thing. C'mon guys. This isn't a dry cleaners.

WA5KRP

3. KD7QYU

KD7QYU Ham Member QRZ Page

Wa5krp
    If you dont like it you dont have to read it you know! [​IMG]

4. N0OV

N0OV Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AG4YO @ May 12 2004,13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dan,

Sounds to me like a cease fire on both sides and a sit down to discuss options is in order.  If I was Jud, I'd see what options were for remaining in the club under a few ground rules.  If I were Gary, I would not want to lose one member if both sides can agree on the conditions.

In some cases people are just to mad at each other to put differences behind.  All it takes is one party willing to carry the torch.

This one sounds fixable.  Since you guys brought this here, maybe you'll let us know how it all turns out.  Hopefully you'll both do the right thing. Good luck![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Agree with you

When they do this they may find out this was a big misunderstanding.

It's up to the folks in that area to work this out.

5. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] It COULD appear that one of the reasons why the problem does not get solved AT THE AREA WHERE IT IS OCCURING is a generalized lack of backbone by at least one of the parties, along with a general UN - willingness to compromise in the solution to the situation.

That MAY be at least ONE of the reasons why it is here. Not for our entertainmant, or to get our opinion.

If all of the participitating parties ( yes, all of them ) had the skill, guts, co - ordination and back bone to have an &quot; in - person &quot; meeting ( along with law officials in the back ground to maintain order and dignity ); then a reasonable compromise COULD be the end result; possibly in less than 15 minutes.

Every one involved should show up at a pre - designated location, at a pre determined time, un - armed, and willing to negotiate for the betterment of all ( not just a select few ) whether they be club members or not.

Or am I asking too much , is this straining some one ?

It is okay to chastice me for metnioning this...IF some one else asks the same request 15 minutes later with a different call and from a different part of the USA...it will possibly be a GREAT IDEA !! [​IMG]

---ai4ep--- [​IMG]

6. KD7QYU

ai4pe
    I am happy to say that another closed door board meeting has been set for Friday eveining. This time with me present as it should have been the first time. We will discuss all the issues at hand and come to a resonable conclution for all concerned. Its not the whole board that has been unreasonable. Just a few individuals. The R.C.T's board on the whole is a good bunch of people.
    No need to bring up the possibility of possible violence. I dont think anybody is that angry. Its not that big a deal. I have no dought that this whole Thing will work out just fine for everybody concerned on Friday.
    I went to the general membership meeting last night and had every intention of bringing this issue before the general membership. I was asked not told by the president of the club and the vise president of the club to please refrain from bringing it up at this perticular meeting due to the fact that the boy scouts representitive was going to be there. So for the better good of the club I kept my mouth shut. And will now wait for Friday night at the special board meeting. If it becomes nesessary I will adress the general membership at the next general membership meeting. But I dont think it will come to that.

Jud   kd7qyu [​IMG]

7. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] I am sure that we will recieve the facts of the meeting from BOTH sides within 24 hours of the event.

8. KD7QYU

I would like to thank everyone who has partisipated in this discussion.

Thanks and 73
    Jud kd7qyu [​IMG]

9. KD7QYU

O.K. everyone
    Here is what you all have been waiting for. I went to the special closed door board meeting at The Radio Club of Tacoma this evining. You all remember the one that was set up to decide if I would remain a member of the club!
    Well I am very pleased to announce that The board of directors layed their cards right out on the table. I really appreciated that. I have always appreciated honesty. Then I layed my cards out on the table. And was point blank honest as well. After some, well sometimes heated debate and some question and answers on both sides, I think everyone concerned began to realize that this whole mess could very well be miscommunication and the good old rumor mill. So to make an hour and 15 minute long story short, the issue was tabled. some more investigation will be done on both sides and the matter will be adressed at a later date or possibly dropped all together. I feel very good about the out come of the meeting and believe that The R.C.T. board of directors was very fair with me and my family.
    I would like to use this forum to thank the board for their time and let them know that I and my family are gratfull to still be  members of The Radio club of Tacoma and look forward to particapating in many club events for many years to come.

73 all
    Jud    kd7qyu [​IMG]

p.s. I think next year I will buy my whole family a life time membership.

10. KD7VYL

KD7VYL Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you know that WOW upside down spells MOM?  [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.