TI9A

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Feb 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just logged them on 160 CW last night. It was the last band I needed from them:

2 FEB 1949z 21.053 CW
    3 FEB 0233z 7.030 CW
    4 FEB 0130z 3.529 CW
    6 FEB 2023z 24.895 CW
    7 FEB 0032z 1.825 CW

Biggest delay was when they were working EU only and I had to wait them out. Didn't bother with trying them on FT-8 Although FT-8 has proven helpful on other DXpeditons I needed, it wasn't necessary on this one. Being able to work any mode the DXpedition may use makes all options available. The entire world is on FT-8 now and because of that, even in F/H mode QSO rates seem even slower than a good op on SSB. 2 stations at once seems to be the average number that DX is working in F/H and as often as not, several repeated cycles are necessary to complete a contact. I'm not trashing the mode. I have used it to log several new band entities. But given a choice, I would rather the DX station work CW rather than SSB or FT-8.

2. KE8KMX

KE8KMX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Got them on 30 and 40m FT8 I hope. Their FT8 F/H operations have been a mess putting it mildly. Tried to get them on phone on 20 and 40 when they first started
    but the pile ups were too big for little ol me running 100 watts. They seem to have abandoned phone all together.

Gino

3. AJ8MH

AJ8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Never worked them, but did hear them calling JA's using FT-8 in the Japanese section of 160 (1908 kHz). Needed them as band fills on 160, 80, 40 and 15, but wasn't motivated enough to hang around and wait for them to call NA.

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

NEVER even heard them!

5. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Got my confirms for 160 and 80 CW. I tried for awhile on 40m CW but couldn’t get through. I got 160 and 80 within minutes of each other. Both were easy at 2am central time, dogs woke me up that night for potty break. They deserve a treat.

6. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Very similar story here.

My assistant operator Melli (see my QRZ page) woke me up by jumping on me. I checked the Twente Web SDR on my tablet and heard them with good signal on 40m. I got up, turned the radio on and worked them at 0227 UTC on 40m. After that I found them on 80m and at 0235 I worked them there.

Didn't know Melli's built-in fan dipole is working so well on short wave.

7. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was happy to see club log got uploaded and my 30, 80 and 160 meter contacts are in there. It's not an ATNO for me, but I needed those bands. Hopefully there will be a LoTW upload at some point; their website isn't really clear about that. I'll send them something OQRS anyway - usually do.

8. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have worked more than a few DX entities on the low bands due to my assistant operator meowing in my face in the early morning hours. Everyone who chases DX should have a radio cat! :)

9. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

they made a lot of people happy by uploading their log :)

I somehow managed to miss them on 20m. I was really only concerned about getting them on 80 and 160 though as that's where I need more entities confirmed.

10. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

All my Q's are in there and I see they've opened up oqrs. I'm quite happy with the band fills I got out of this one.

N2EY likes this.