ad: TinyPaddle-1

TI9A Cocos Island

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by 4L5A, Jan 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

TI9A Team will be active from Cocos Island, IOTA NA - 012, Costa Rica, 1 - 12 February 2020.
    https://dxnews.com/ti9a/

DXNews.png

2. KT1TK

KT1TK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have searched high and low - on your site and over ham world - and cannot find any instructions about how to QRV with your team.
    There was only a single 3-letter mention of "F/H" which some of us may guess to mean use Fox/Hunt mode.
    However, I, and I think many others need much more such as:
    1. What modes will be used on what bands
    2. For digital modes, what base band frequencies are we to use. Standard or a special DXpedition base.
    3. Confusing matters further is that I noticed your signals "seemed" to be operating at a standard base on 20m FT8 yesterday Feb 2nd but several DX logs show comments about successful QSOs at several different base frequencies such as 7.024 or 7.027 rather than 7.074 (for 20m, of course).

If you are using standard base frequencies, then just saying that will help immensely. I sort of doubt that, though, since I could not find any signals last night and today on any band.

Your help would be greatly appreciated so we can enjoy the great effort you put into amassing such a complete DX camp.

Ps, Your web site had a couple of inaccessible pages so I don't know if they had what we are looking for.

I emailed Dima but am not sure he'll get it since he said you don't have an Internet there. For that matter, I'm ot sure you'll read this either ha!

Good luck and keep up the good work. Just let us know how to take advantage of it!

TomK / KT1TK / 73

3. KT4U

KT4U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Check any dx spotting network. That station is very active. CW and ft-8 20 and 17m

4. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Click this link and save the website it takes you to:

http://www.dxsummit.fi/#/?dx_calls=TI9A

The page should refresh often enough so you won't have to keep reloading it. And yes, F/H means Fox/Hound mode.

Worked them on 80, 40, 12 and 15, all CW. Heard them on 160 CW but haven't worked on 160 yet. Maybe tonight.

5. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

In addition to the above, just worked them on 1.8235 QSX up 2 CW, strong signal. 5th and last remaining band I needed them on. Good luck.

6. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone receive a QSL card from this operation yet?

7. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No.... I even ponied up $ using OQRS to get a card.... Nothing yet...

8. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here with the $$. Thanks for the info.