TI9 - Cocos Island Begins Now!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5MOA

N5MOA Subscriber QRZ Page

Pat, with the possible exception of today (I wasn't around the radio) they were on cw, on some band (some days a couple) every day they were there.

I didn't find them on RTTY at all, the digi op, Jorge TI2HMJ, only does PSK. He operated some PSK, but not much.

From what I've read, it took a concerted effort from all the team members to get this dxpedition off the ground and running.

Hat's off to them, I think they did a FB job under less than ideal conditions.

Congrats to everyone who managed a ATNO.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

New One for me so I'm not complaining. But much tougher than I thought it would be. Most of the CW hours when they would have been a 3-inch putt from here were EU only. And so it goes with a limited number of operating positions, etc.

Thanks to Dom and Crew!

3. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes- yes we are!

I got a copy of W9KNI's "The Complete DXer" when it first came out...I was enthralled at the adventures, on both sides of the QSO. The quick-draining battery; the quick exits from dangerous islands....

This week, between TI9 and K1N I'm finally hooked. Getting up in the middle of the night, timing the calls, staying ahead of the spots...what a great time. And all with a piece of wire 10 feet off the ground. What a blast!

4. WB9LUR

WB9LUR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations and welcome to the club! It's in you blood now!

5. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

First day I was wondering if I was going to get in the log at all; ended up with five bands (12,15,17,20,40) all phone. I hardly heard them on 10 and never on 75. Whatever, I'm a happy camper!

DXing is crazy sometimes.

6. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was only able to manage one contact, but once I saw it was "in the log" I didn't try TOO hard. I figured there were lots of ops still needing just one :)

7. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

" once I saw it was "in the log" I didn't try TOO hard. I figured there were lots of ops still needing just one" KQ9J

I like the way you roll. I did the same. No point in being a DX Pig when the island may never be activated again in one's lifetime.

KQØJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.