TI9 - Cocos Island Begins Now!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WW3QB

WW3QB Ham Member QRZ Page

From DX-World:
    UPDATE
    @19:00z. Due to bad weather forecast the whole team will be leaving the island in a couple of hours. This is to avoid problems on the return sailing to the mainland. All equipment is packed and the antennas in use now will be the last items to be packed.

2. WB9LUR

WB9LUR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear ... the ship's captain must have determined that it would not be safe for his ship to wait out the storm in the open sea. Safety first. Good captain.

Thank you TI9/3Z9DX and everyone who helped make this possible.

Edit: BTW VK9MT was forced to QRT ahead-of-schedule due to WX as well ... ship's captain knew that he would not be able to out run the tropical cyclone heading their way.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

bye bye Miss Cocos pie...

I got them on 15m and 17m, both fairly easy, one or two calls. Still need 'em on 30m and 80m. Oh well. One of these days.

Wonder how many contacts they made.

4. WB9LUR

According to their ClubLog over 13K QSOs -but that may not be the final upload. Ironically, they had been given permission from the authorities to extend their stay by an additional day. Mother nature had other plans.

5. KJ4UQT

KJ4UQT Ham Member QRZ Page

6. WB9LUR

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  7. AA8TA

AA8TA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You and I are in the logs. I didn't hear them very much and when I did, they weren't taking NA calls for very long before switching to Europe. I just happened to get them while they were calling for ATNOs and before they went QRT. Too close.

8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

not much CW or any RTTY that I know of. Did hear they did some PSK31 at the very beginning. Then it was all voice

9. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I am glad to have gotten thru and in the log for an All Time New One, and then got them on a 2nd band.

Thought I had a good qso on another band, but not showing in the online log.

Thanks to all who helped including the folks behind the scenes.

73 K2HAT

10. KJ4UQT

KJ4UQT Ham Member QRZ Page

OQRS is up and working:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.