TI9 - Cocos Island Begins Now!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just workedum again on 15m now on 21.205 QSX .275, pretty easy it's a good op on 15m PH.

They're pretty strong on 30 CW right now but working EU. Oh well, at least two in the log.

2. K0MB

K0MB Ham Member QRZ Page

YAY!
    (this added to meet length requirement)

3. K4HB

K4HB Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing strange about it. Big difference in JA and BY, especially from my location. From here, Zones 24 and 26 are the most difficult, especially on the low bands. Those two zones on 80 are all I need for 200 zones.

4. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

I am about 2400 miles closer to Asia which means they will be significantly louder on the low bands. To be honest, I don't hear many Chinese stations on any band.
    Lots of Japanese stations on 80-10 and even 6 (I don't have a 160m antenna). I am guessing there just are not many active Chinese amateurs.

Still, China (if active) would be very possible on 80 and even 160 especially on the West Coast.

5. KJ4UQT

KJ4UQT Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked him on 10m on the first try. ( not real busy ).

He is working 5 up.

As of now he is 59 here on the east coast of Florida.

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll send off for my 40M SSB QSO, as I might need it for a 5BDXCCC someday. wish they would have done some CW and RTTY! But this DXpedition is just about KAPUT!

7. WA4BCS

WA4BCS Ham Member QRZ Page

That is exactly how I got them on 10SSB today and he was only S3 here.

Ben

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There aren't many Chinese stations on the air, especially compared with JA's. Visitors are only allowed to operate club stations and cannot operate anywhere else, even if they have a permit. I work BY etc on the higher bands fairly often but don't think I've ever worked one on 80 and I'm in California; then, I'm not much of an 80m DXer.

I notice a pretty large percentage of Chinese ops are YLs.

9. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

Holy Moly-

I think I just got into the log, one of the last 3 qsos before they went QRT to head home. I'm glad they asked for ATNOs, this was a true ATNO for me.

Of course this still has to be confirmed but it sounded solid.

Whew!

10. AA8TA

AA8TA Ham Member QRZ Page

I got them 10 minutes before they said goodbye; I thought they still had a couple of days. Must have gotten confused. That was close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.