ad: M2Ant-1

Three Major Ham Radio Events give 2021 update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Dec 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KZ4TN

KZ4TN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"In a dark, troubled, cynical world, its become fashionable to denigrate positive efforts; totally reinterpret comments in direct contradiction to their statement and meaning; and try to erase what is often the best and deserving as ephemeral."

Please spare us the intellectual platitudes. All we’re asking for is the ability to read information instead of watching a video. My local television news channel website posts the video clip as well and the text. That’s all we’re asking for.
    thank you,
    KZ4TN

W7RY, NJ0F, N3FAA and 2 others like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Great example of my post, IMO.

My mouse let's me click ahead-- if for some reason I want the verbal /visual bullets, it takes no time to find them on this or any other video. It takes a little effort, but you should try it. Thanks.

I hope you have a better 2021 than 2020.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  3. KZ4TN

Chip, you as well. But that will depend on what happens on January 6th.
    Regards,
    Steve

W1YW likes this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve,

The world is a crazy place right now. I am hunkered down and ignoring the news.

Best DX in 2021!

Chip W1YW

KJ4YQK and KG5VK like this.
  5. KZ4TN

Good Idea. Let's hope this all blows over.

73 de KZ4TN

W1YW likes this.
  6. NK4K

NK4K Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes.

WN1MB likes this.
  7. NJ0F

NJ0F Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well now Dayton is cancelled again. Glad they reconsidered this....... Plenty of time to plan for Dayton 2022...... When COVID is under control........

8. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

Press Release

LOS ANGELES - QSO Today host Eric Guth, 4Z1UG, announced that the next QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo will commence on March 13-14, 2021, over a period of 48 hours. The first QSO Today Expo was a great success with over 16,000 attendees and the March 2021 event is anticipated to be even larger. The QSO Today team has been working hard to make this upcoming Expo even better with new speakers, panel discussions, kit building workshops, and much more. Anyone can attend from their home or office. Early Bird Tickets are just $10 (to help cover the cost of this event, $12.50 at the "door") and include entry for the Live 2 day period as well as the 30-day on-demand period). Registration can be found at www.qsotodayhamexpo.com.

Eric and his team have put together a world-class line-up of 60+ speakers to address this conference from the virtual Expo’s auditorium. ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio® in the United States, is a QSO Today Expo Partner. Flexradio is the Expo’s Platinum Sponsor, and Gold sponsors as of this time include Elecraft, RFinder, and CSI.

At the Expo, amateur radio operators will be able to:

• Learn from a packed line-up of renowned ham radio speakers such as Bob Allphin, K4UEE, on “My Favorite DXpeditions to DXCC Top 10 Most Wanted”; Michael Foerster, W0IH, on “Using the Arduino In Your Shack”; and Ron Jones, K7RJ, on “3D Printer Basics”.
    • Take part in Live virtual kit building workshops. Kits will be available for purchase and delivered to you in time for the Expo so you can participate and build from the convenience of your home.
    • Walkthrough the virtual exhibit hall filled with popular amateur radio suppliers. Watch live product demos of the latest equipment. New video technology will be used to provide a better experience for attendees to engage with exhibitors.
    • Prior to the Expo, take advantage of our new speaker calendar technology to download speaker times in your local time zones to your Google or Outlook calendar. You’ll then have a complete schedule of the sessions you want to join.
    • Return over the next 30 days to listen to speakers you missed during the Live period, explore, and re-engage exhibitor offerings.

“While attendance is expected from traditional in-person convention “goers” not traveling due to Covid, the virtual Expo is a great opportunity for those that don’t typically attend in-person events - the vast majority of amateur radio operators. At our last Expo, we found that 60% of attendees don’t go to in-person national conferences and 40% don’t attend state or local events - mostly because of distance or because of the thousands of dollars typically spent on travel and lodging.” said Eric, 4Z1UG.

“The QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo has all of the familiar hallmarks of an in-person hamfest, including opportunities to connect and learn. Expect to bump into friends and well known experts and personalities from throughout our worldwide ham radio community!” said Bob Inderbitzen, NQ1R, ARRL Product Development Manager

For more information, go to www.qsotodayhamexpo.com

9. WX4W

WX4W Ham Member QRZ Page

I am NOT watching a damn video to get a bit of news.

WN1MB likes this.