Three-Digit Linking Codes and Echolink

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by K7JFN, May 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K7JFN

K7JFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,

I was wondering about something.

Supposing I wanted to connect to a repeater, on echolink, and the repeater is capable of being uplinked to a larger system of repeaters with a three-digit code, would it be possible to do so on EchoLink? And if so, how would I go about doing so?

Here's an example of what I am talking about:

Callsign Location Frequency ON OFF
    VE1HAR Harmony, NS 147.135+ 104* 105*

That particular repeater, is connected to Echolink. And the codes on the far-right apparently link and unlink (respectively) with a regional repeater system in Atlantic Canada. I'm wanting to know, do these uplinking codes work on Echolink? And if so, could someone explain to me how to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    Jessica - K7JFN

2. K5DVT

K5DVT Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you asking can you send DTMF thorough echolink?

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The DTMF tones are sent on the repeater input, The repeater user normally makes the remote connection.

Have fun.

4. K7JFN

K7JFN Ham Member QRZ Page

I suppose I am. I've been at this for a year but don't know everything I would like to.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.echolink.org/Help/dtmf_functions.htm

You can install a app on a cell phone and control a echolink node.

Have Fun.

6. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

In Echolink Sysop mode you can specify the codes you want to activate and deactivate a node. Sure, a 3 digit code can be used. I use one to control mine.

7. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

If you choose to use Echolink, please be aware that the owners typically want you to bring down the links in the reverse order from the access. Leaving the links up is considered to be the mark of an inexperienced operator, and while some will automatically time out- others will stay connected- depending on the individual links involved. So if you access Little Falls, Mn., then Brainerd, Mn.- when finished send the code to turn off Brainerd echolink then Little Falls ( as an example ). Thanks.