ad: Alphaant-1

Threat to key part of 70cm ham radio band in Belgium

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jun 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ6ZOL

KJ6ZOL Ham Member QRZ Page

Karl-Arne, I should note that in Sweden most financial transactions are done by smartphone, and that cash has pretty much disappeared. In such an environment, WiFi is considered essential. Also, the FCC tried "killing ham radio by neglect" during the 80s and 90s, figuring that making new licenses hard to get would eventually cause the existing crop of hams to grow old and die and not be replaced. The ARRL pushed back, and saved amateur radio.

2. KJ6ZOL

Can't fix stupid. :rolleyes::confused:

NX6ED likes this.
  3. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's not correct. There are a few bands where amateur radio is primary or co-primary.

222 to 225 MHz primary
    2390-2395 MHz co-primary
    2395-2417 MHz primary
    24.0 to 24.05 GHz primary
    47.0 to 47.2 GHz primary
    134 to 136 GHz primary
    248 to 250 GHz primary

And my favorite, 2300 to 2305 MHz where amateur radio is secondary, but there is no primary user.

K6CLS likes this.
  4. KJ6ZOL

I stand corrected.

5. G8KNC

G8KNC Ham Member QRZ Page

Whereas ignorance is largely self-imposed.

With some effort it can be reversed. You should try.

6. WC4R

WC4R Ham Member QRZ Page

What Brussels wants, Brussels gets for the ENTIRE EU. Forget country 'rights' in the EU organization.

F8WBD and 2E0EUG like this.
  7. 2E0EUG

2E0EUG XML subscriber QRZ Page

EUSSR, Its a blueprint for tyranny, all policy dictated from the Bilderberg group, which the politicians and corporate elite attend every year, but dont worry folks, its just a conspiracy theory... 73 !

W1BR, WC4R and KF4ZKU like this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I hope the plan to repeal this in Brussels ... sprouts :rolleyes:

Dave
    W7UUU

AE7BT and 2E0EUG like this.
  9. 2E0EUG

2E0EUG XML subscriber QRZ Page

LOL

W7UUU likes this.
  10. K0XHF

K0XHF Ham Member QRZ Page

It is not a surprise it comes from Europe. Our American Liberal "community" would like us to be more European in our thoughts and behavior. If our forefathers wanted to be more European, they would not have endured the hardships and revolt to move their lives and fortunes to the new world. Leave 70cm alone, or maybe we should use it more. If we show we are using it for ham communications, they will have less reason to strip it from us. Do we want 70cm suffer a fate similar in effect to 11M band all those years back.

2E0EUG likes this.
  11. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I blame it on New Math...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

12. K0XHF

K0XHF Ham Member QRZ Page

is this restriction going to be worldwide, which would be a real problem, or limited to hams using the frequencies in Belgium, which would still be problematic. 440 is rarely a cross continent band, but the reality is from time to time "it" happens. If it is just about transmissions sent from Belgium, in the unlikely instance a 440 frequency in the locally restricted section of band sent from the Americas from should happen to land in Belgium, would that incur a fine or other action because of where the signal touched earth.