Threads Deleted

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KB1DJA, May 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not just post the pictures using QRZ ? Not a third party.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ Is not a secure site. That may be the problem.

[​IMG]

2. KB1DJA

KB1DJA Ham Member QRZ Page

I will do that if necessary. It's just much more convenient using the site I store them.
    Thanks, you may be right about secure sight.

3. KA3BQE

KA3BQE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It is Adblock. With it on I do not see any photos in this thread. With it off I see them all.

4. KB1DJA

Thank you sir, good to know. I have started to just shrink the high res versions and then attach them. Hopefully it's easier for everyone.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No - QRZ does not use bots. All ads are viewed and handled by human Moderators. The Swapmeet section is the "most watched" by moderators forum on QRZ. However, using a 3rd party image hosting service can be very problematic. The day this thread started, one of the big image hosting sites had a melt-down and that resulted in a large number of QRZ ads being deleted (by Moderators) for no images.

Please only use the "Upload a File" button and upload your for-sale listing photos to the site, rather than use a 3rd party hosting service. Not everyone's browser settings will allow outside image tags - ad blockers, spam blockers, and other security settings can make it so some users won't see your pictures. And if the Swapmeet moderator is one of those, your ad will be removed.

Dave
    W7UUU

6. KB1DJA

Thanks Dave, any new ads I put up I will upload the pictures instead of external hosts. Thanks for the explanation.
    Dan
    KB1DJA

W7UUU likes this.