ad: M2Ant-1

Threads Deleted

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KB1DJA, May 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB1DJA

KB1DJA Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings, I had three threads deleted for the reason of pictures are not optional.

When I posted the threads I used the picture icon and a hosted picture site link.

It seems people can see the picture so I am confused on how to post a picture even though it shows in the post. Example in this post.

I am happy to follow the rules, just not clear on what to do.
    Thank you.
    Dan

[​IMG]

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That one works fine - but all three of your ads had no photos. Something must have happened

Just try again

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KB1DJA

OK, thank you Dave. Someone said they saw them all and saw the pictures so maybe the hosting service had an issue when you looked.
    I'll recreate them.
    Dan
    KB1DJA

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hi Dan… They’re definitely appears to be some sort of weird photo server issue today. We’ve been getting lots of reports of no photo on “for sale” ads when some people can see them and other people can’t.

I started a thread in the community help center and will also send an email to support. I’m guessing your pictures were probably just fine like you said… It’s just that not everyone can see them

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KB1DJA

Do you have bots that delete them? My posts were deleted again. It is a pain to keep doing it and not user friendly. I am getting emails from people telling me that they see my pictures then the posts get deleted. I am not having any issues with my photo host. If I want to upload them I am going to have to go through the trouble to edit them all so I can reduce the size. The original are all high res. My photo host saves them in three sizes for me and makes it easy for me. I honestly have limited time to do this. I am trying to help a friend and do a good deed and it sure isn't easy here. Maybe I'll just deal with the Facebook Markeplace and Craiglist crazies. Don't mean to sound bitter but this is my first experience with trying to sell something here and already the posts have been deleted twice even after I followed the rules.

6. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

..tell us about the amp and the price, here.

7. KA2PTE

KA2PTE Ham Member QRZ Page

Same issue here, but only 1 delete:
    "Your thread Symetrix® 528E Analog voice processor was deleted. Reason: No photo, call sign, ad deleted"

I read the sticky on how to post the photos, so I have them in there as thumbnails. All I can figure if it happens again,
    the AI that I guess is reading the callsign in the photo cant match it to the posters callsign.

8. KB1DJA

The AMP is a AMP Supply Company LK500ZB
    Asking $650 for it or entertaining any reasonable offers.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think its some sort of AdBlocker anomaly concerning that particular hosting site. I don't see your pix above but I turned off AdBlock on my machine and at least see the text [​IMG]

10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh wait...I turned AdBlock back on and don't even see the three IMG text tags I quoted in my own post! Weird!