ad: HamHats-1

This Week's Sweepstakes Winners

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VK2JI

VK2JI Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck with the Youtube shows.
    Please don't forget qrz.com is an International website, loved by Hams around the world. While your Sweepstakes sponsors are US-based - those wanting to watch your videos live may have to get up in the middle of the night - I'm sure it'll be worth it!

73 Ed DD5LP / VK2JI / G8GLM.

2. KD7SJT

KD7SJT Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome! I was getting ready to go to my second Duty Station Serving in the US Navy Submarine Force in 1993. Great video Fred and thank you for making QRZ one of the most valued tools we have as Hams. 73, de KD7SJT

K6UMA likes this.
  3. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

all the best for all, wish DJOAJ ekrem

4. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

have a,god dx vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

5. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"QRZ", "QRZed"... Potato Potahto. Either is alright by us!
    My grandmother used to love the corniest joke ever: "I don't care what you call me, just don't call me late for supper."

Jaime

9A5O, K6UMA, KD2MDP and 1 other person like this.
  6. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, this is embarrassing... The winner of the ICOM ID-51A Plus 2 handheld is in fact William Hickman from Culleoka, TN, but his callsign is KI4YZN. I mistakenly announced "KI4TZN." I have noticed that KI4TZN does not have an account here at QRZ. If anyone knows him and wants to let him know, I'd be happy to give him a one year Premium subscription if he contacts us. Sorry about the mix-up and congratulations, William.

WF7BSR likes this.
  7. K5CQA

K5CQA Ham Member QRZ Page

My Birthday, too! I'll be 67.

KD0WGB and KF7WIS like this.
  8. K6UMA

K6UMA Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you happen to be over at Pearl around 95/96? I was at stationed at Schofield (Army). We used to get hella trashed and go try to get the boat people to go drinking. Or we'd just talk s**t. :) Always friendly though....but now that I think about, there was this ONE time.....

9. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Baby!

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

K5CQA likes this.
  10. KE5HTB

KE5HTB Ham Member QRZ Page

I just am happy to enjoy the trivia. it is awesome to learn new things this way. not for prizesd but for knowledge. I hope you all leave it up and continue to expand the questions to lets say 1 month of general questions maybe next extra etc. or a bigger mix of all of them. be 1 great resource for fun and help learn more on extra tests and general knowledge.
    thanks for all the hard work.
    ke5htb
    fred

K6UMA likes this.
  11. KD0WGB

KD0WGB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wouldn't that make a nice birthday gift

12. 9A5O

9A5O Ham Member QRZ Page

My thoughts exactly! Although we have a saying here transliterated like this "Call me by any name, just don't call me names".PS. I've always thought zed and zee were British vs. US spelling differences

13. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Jolly good show Uncle Fred!! Thanks!

14. KI4YZN

KI4YZN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you very much, and keep up the great work that all of you do for all the Hams out there. 73 KI4YZN

15. AG5CK

AG5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

When she announced KI4TZN at 5:48 there was a brief pause. I thought she was going to say KI4THY. :eek: