ad: Radclub22-1

This Week's Sweepstakes Drawing

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

This week, our weekly drawing will be held on Thursday evening, 11/29/18. It will be broadcast LIVE on YouTube TV and available worldwide. A link to the broadcast will appear on the QRZ home page shortly before the event this Thursday.

This will be a very special event because it's our LAST drawing before the GRAND PRIZE event on December 5th. This week, we've brought our entire team together and have flown our entire Canadian Engineering staff (VA7STV) all the way to Arizona to be a part of the show! All kidding aside, Stephen, VA7STV is the principal engineer working in the QRZ back office, and he knows more about the Logbook and the inner workings of the QRZ system than anyone. Why does this matter? It matters because for the first time, we will be taking questions from the audience via the YouTube live chat window. If you've ever wanted to ask QRZ a direct question, now's your chance!

And there will be prizes! Lots of prizes to hand out! We will also be holding a live trivia quiz where a correct answer can make you an instant winner.

The evening promises to be interesting, informative and great fun to boot. Keep your calendar clear for Thursday evening, tentatively scheduled for 5:pm PT/8:pM ET. Be sure and check the QRZ front page for additional details.

73, -fred

Attached Files:

MM0XXW, WB4UD, VK6ATS and 8 others like this.
  2. N0CEL

N0CEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to ALL of the QRZ Staff and the sponsors who have donated products to this 25th Year Sweepstakes Event! This has been - and still is - a Fun Ride! 73 and hope to be Thanking "someone" when I win one of those prizes. :cool:;) Mr. Carl de NØCEL...and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all y'all!

WE4B, VK6ATS, KD0WGB and 2 others like this.
  3. VK2JI

VK2JI Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI for those not US based - the time is 0100 Friday UTC (/UK) or 2am in Central Europe. Good luck to all taking part in the show and lots of Coffee for those connecting in from Europe.
    And of course congratulations to all lucky winners.

MM0XXW, M0KNC, VK6ATS and 4 others like this.
  4. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

Just like to say a Lot's of Thank's for the work you do. 73 de G0WXU - John.

N0CEL, KD0WGB and K9ASE like this.
  5. KD0WGB

KD0WGB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Can't wait. Thank you and good luck to all

N0CEL likes this.
  6. W1FDR

W1FDR QRZ Member QRZ Page

Taking the tests daily has been real fun and most informative. I hate to see them end!

4X1ST, WB8NXR, AA7VA and 5 others like this.
  7. N8PC

N8PC Ham Member QRZ Page

Damn I have to work during it all.

8. PU2OLT

PU2OLT Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE = "VK2JI, postagem: 4880914, membro: 413394"] FYI para quem não é baseado nos EUA - a hora é 01:00 de sexta-feira UTC (/ Reino Unido) ou 2:00 na Europa Central. Boa sorte a todos que participaram do show e muito café para aqueles que se conectam da Europa.
    E, claro, parabéns a todos os sortudos vencedores. [/ QUOTE]

9. PU2OLT

PU2OLT Ham Member QRZ Page

10. M0KNC

M0KNC Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be asleep! Enjoy!
    I will miss the trivia questions too de Neil M0KNC

MM0XXW likes this.
  11. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you have to have a Google account to participate in the trivia quiz? I do not, because I do not want Google to track my activities on the Internet.

12. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

glad I read this again I thought it was next week.

13. K2PJC

K2PJC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its been fun taking the daily trivia test... Thanks for putting this together and good luck all.

14. N7HHI

N7HHI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WB7BG, no you do not need a Google account to participate in the quiz. You participate right from the QRZ Front Page...

15. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You don't to participate in the daily quiz. But the live quiz this evening will likely be done via the YouTube chat. This would exclude anyone who did not have a Google account.