This thread was started on the Scam Rip off section, but I feel its better to keep this going here.

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KG5RPZ, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KG5RPZ

KG5RPZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This would only effect those who wish to view, sell or trade. The rest of the site would be unaffected. When you got your ticket you had to show an ID, your callsign basically gives away your home address via the FCC database, so what's the big deal if you wanna be a part of the buy/sell/trade portion of this website, show your I.D. just like you did when you get your ticket, and just like you do every other time you enter into a transaction in the real and virtual world depending on the payment method your using.

I see your point for casual viewing, and can agree to not worry about vetting forum readers, and folks just using the site for a logging medium or ways to look folks up, but I think QRZ has a responsibility to keep the buy/sell/trade away from just anyone browsing the internet via google. Having a system in place to vet the users protects everyone.

And you claim to not use the Classified section so this has no affect on you whatsoever.

2. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not just a claim, its reality. My only worry is the slippery slope theory. Yeah, it starts small and snowballs. As you said, it really does not affect me... yet.

3. KG5RPZ

KG5RPZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Best Regards to you, I am fairly certain QRZ will do all it can to maintain their paid as well as non-paid memberships. I wish you and yours well and hope you continue to enjoy the hobby.

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
    Do not forget: stay out of debt.
    Think twice, and take this good advice from me:
    Guard that old solvency!
    There's just one other thing you ought to do.
    To thine own self be true.

5. KN0U

KN0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Deleted post.. looks like I got this issue fixed...

KG5RPZ likes this.
  6. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it sucks. You complained about something and as luck would have it QRZ was implementing this badly done Verified thing. You act like it was your idea and now you're running around announcing you want all of the rules changed. Mr., I have been buying and selling here since 2003. I DO NOT NEED YOUR APPROVAL AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR IDEAS!

Sometimes people make stupid mistakes and send the wrong people their money, as you did. PayPal covered your ass and you got your money back. You act like you're an expert on the subject now and you're trying to screw with reliable sellers AND BUYERS!

It was your fault you get scammed. Not every Seller and Buyer who uses QRZ....
    Keep your ideas to yourself....

You asked what do you think... be careful what you ask for.

7. KA9MOT

Plenty of scammers on eBay too. Plenty of scammers at the Hamfest. Wont take scammers long to get around the Verified thing here either.

8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes!!! However, that's not what my post was about. IOW:
    Me: The sky is blue.
    You: But, it's Tuesday!

9. KA9MOT

Yes, missed your point..... it's not really On Topic so naturally I thought the problem eBay solved was scammers (The Topic). That will teach me to slow down. In the meantime maybe we can both agree that the sky will be blue on Tuesday. :)

IOW?

10. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

In Other Words

My point was that ham online classifieds are like the olde printed newspaper... if you want to find something specific, you have to repeatedly search the newspaper (a PITA). OTOH, eBay lets you create a search, and it emails you if/when said item is listed. I found the example item after about a year (I received an email about the listing). Imagine having to search manually -- ugh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.