" This message is awaiting moderator approval"

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by K2CAJ, Jun 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,

I posted a comment in the General Technical Q&A forum (thread here) and it appears with the note that

I've not seen that before, and I appear to be able to post normally in other threads. GTQA is obviously not a restricted forum. Is that just a burp in the system?

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you post a bad word ? Or link ?

Maybe they are flagging content.

Or, Big Brother is watching.

3. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's a good question. The post simply quoted the previous poster (who presumably did not have the same problem,) and added a single sentence:

"The page says it doesn't contain any metallic chemical element?! What about the Fe in LiFePO4?"

I don't see any dirty substrings in the text, so I'm stumped about the content. But as I said, this only seemed to happen with a single post, so at this point it's mostly a matter of curiosity.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There was another instance of this just yesterday, also in a forum not normally moderated "per each post".

Probably just a system glitch.

Dave
    W7UUU

5. K5AMT

K5AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got the same thing, in the same forum....

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes - others have mentioned it too. It's some weird glitchy thing lately.

I'm sure they'll narrow it down and fix it.

Dave
    W7UUU

K5AMT likes this.
  7. K5AMT

K5AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thought my subscription expired. Might have to become one of those life Members...

8. W7UUU

Just toss out ten Benjamins and you're done ;):p

Dave
    W7UUU

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Trying to stop spammers has taken a toll on members.

10. W7UUU

Ah! I had not thought of that. Perhaps there's now some automation to block the Chinese spamming? I know one of the posts that got flagged had atrocious spelling, as did the guy's post (another thread, not this) - could be the algorithm looks for gibberish? We are able to weed through lousy spelling in posts, but maybe that's what is triggering it?

Dave
    W7UUU