This May Sound Silly...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KM6CND, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Way to go...Sugar Loaf

W4IOA and KM6CND like this.
  2. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Wasn't Sugar Loaf a rock band from the Seventies?
    Think "Green Eyed Lady"? <grin>
    Saw them in a small club in Denver in 1970, or so.

3. KH8AC

KH8AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Like who cares as to what your preference is. (?)

The part I like 2019 most give calls and nobody on earth can understand what the call is. That is why phonetics helps.

WU8Y likes this.
  4. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

Once upon a time, we could fly a Rainbow flag in front of our homes. Not only are the colors wonderful, it also represents our visible and audible capacities. Then came the "alternative lifestyle" community that hijacked the flag for they're own objective. I can no longer fly a Rainbow, decorative flag in front of my home, because to do so would indicate to most, that I am a member of that community. I am not.

The CB's did the same thing by degrading the term "handle" to mean, "I don't want you to know my given name".

If you were not a part of that time, you may not be able to relate.

WQ4G likes this.
  5. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Bah, generalities can often lead to mindless bias. On-the-air folks should be judged by the quality of their conduct, not the color of their licenses (or lack thereof). :)

WB0MPB and WE4E like this.
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Back in the 70s which was the heyday for CB our ham club did Novice classes. Safe to say that all of the applicants had exposure (or more) to CB radio. The fallout in the duration of the class was about 2/3. It was too difficult/not that interested or whatever.
    We did code practice class sessions and I remember one goober getting out of his chair and announcing "I ain't putting up with this bullsh!t" and yanking his wife out of her chair and marching out the door.
    The remainder of the class kinda rolled their eyes and continued to copy the code practice.

W7UUU and KM6CND like this.
  7. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

8. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm afraid that I do discriminate about licenses. Not which one you/they have but not having a license (for any licensed service) at all. What's wrong with that? (That was a rhetorical question by the way.)

9. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

You’re right. It’s silly.

10. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Good memory.
    I loved "Don't Call Us".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugarloaf_(band)

Now, anyone remember Tommy Bolin, or his Colorado connection?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.