This is not mine! Maybe it should be yours.

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by AL7RU, Jul 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
  1. AL7RU

AL7RU Ham Member QRZ Page

W2VW and N6YW like this.
  2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That would be fun and very reasonably priced.

3. AL7RU

I saw this one about a week ago and keep hoping it will be sold before I have a weak moment. I'd have to rent a storage unit for it for starters, AND I live in an HOA tormented community. We're planning on selling out probably next spring and getting some acreage. And I have 211 projects already.

4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Wow! No kidding about the price!

5. W7TFO

W7TFO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The price is about right. That McMartian was one of the lowest price point jobs ever sold, built flimsier than Knight ham gear.

Plexiglass front, woodgrain contact paper finish, crappy meters, and the cheapest iron they could find. If memory serves, it used 5-500's$$$tubes.

It used a real odd divide-by-2 oscillator, guaranteed to make your harmonics special. It was the only 1kW BC rig I ever loaded into my truck by myself...

It would be the cheesiest BC rig you could ask for, might just fit in your shack along with some Beofang gear...right next to your "K" car.

DDG

N6YW and AF6LJ like this.
  6. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

If that rig were anywhere around here within a day's drive I'd go get it. But here's what pisses me off about it. It was posted on craigslist. This is like the BC-1F that was on Facebook and no one knew until after Don somehow found out about it after the innards got scrapped so the cabinet could be some guy's tool shed. How many would have known about this rig if Dennis had not somehow found it. How many other bc rigs are out there on completely non-radio oriented forums because the idiots at these stations, probably progam directors or general managers, think everyone looks at facebook or craigslist. I have never used facebook in my life and have no plans to. There are radio mail lists and such all over the place and the rigs are on forums for people who are interested in knitting or woodwork (not that there's anything wrong with that!!!)

7. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Looking before Facebook or Craigslist, I found out after the fact about a guy turning two cabinets with 80 some Nixie tubes each, and support circuitry, into shelves in his garage.

All those antique obsolete useless junk tubes? I couldn't bring myself to ask.

N6YW likes this.
  8. AL7RU

Yeah, and it stinks like fish too! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Dennis has a nice Gates for sale for a
    really righteous price too!

9. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

And let me guess...
    It runs on 110V..........

10. AL7RU

4-400s. If you burn up a set of these in ICAS you're doing something wrong. It's either put in the amateur service or ends up in a landfill.

just sayin'