ad: ProAudio-1

This is going to shake you up.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N5JOB, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. N9ADR

N9ADR QRZ Member

This guy is stupid.

KLGF, first of all as any ham knows is not a ham call.  And he's on here asking how dumb people are?

2. XV2PS

XV2PS Ham Member QRZ Page

quote by KLGF==>

"XV2PS - I believe you're in Mexico, right?"

How could you find out I was in Mexico yesterday?
    [/B]I beg you, please, don't tell it to my wife!
    [​IMG]

3. M1ACQ

M1ACQ Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (G1ZFS @ July 27 2003,14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Frank

Hello matey
    We are proving his point here !!! You live in Bristol, I live in Worcester, for the american chappies, we are about 40 mins apart down a motorway.
    We are both licensed hams, and where do we have our first contact?........an american website !
    Hva eyou been on hf yet Frank?, I havent bothered, still trying to relight the spark in the hobby[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Nigel

I've spent more time listening on HF than transmitting but that'll probably change. The only problem is, my only antenna at the moment is a 2 x 5/8th wave on 50MHz - it tunes up on quite a few of the bands and receives quite well so we'll see what happens. I have an SGC Smart tuner waiting for me to get the time to make up a loop and connect it up

Frank

4. N5CTI

N5CTI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, I just went to the store and they're all out of aluminum (&quot;aluminium&quot; for the Loveable Limeys) foil. Do you think &quot;someone&quot; might have bought it all up to make a bunch of hats to protect himself from all that nasty RF carrying the idle chit-chat of amateur radio operators?

Just wondering.

5. G1ZFS

G1ZFS Ham Member QRZ Page

N5CTI
    God bless you sir, I knew we had to be something, lovable will do me.
    [​IMG]

6. WB2GOF

WB2GOF Ham Member QRZ Page

I say we come up with a plan to phase out TROLLS from QRZ message boards.  It goes something like this...

January 2006 - Only trolls with VALID Amateur Radio Licenses may post.  QRZ may valkidate your call before positing here. All others will be deleted and fined.

September 2006 - Only trolls with a valid license and MARS Activity or 10wpm+ CW skill may post on QRZ.

....You get the &quot;gist&quot; of my message....

7. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] wake me when something NEW is said [​IMG]

8. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

Troll &quot;A creature of Scandinavian folklore variously protrayed as a dwarf or giant living in caves or under bridges. &quot; HMMM, lets see, . . . no that couldn't possibly be what &quot;troll&quot; means in a chat room.

troll &quot; To fish for by running a baited line behind a slowly moving boat &quot;

( Both definitions from Webster's II New Riverside Dictionary )

Yes, I believe that definition 2 draws a pretty close parallel to people that drag a lure ( a controversial subject or inflamatory remark ) behind them, hoping to catch yet another fish ( the poor victim that falls for the lure and gets caught up in yet another upwardly spirialing level of ill will and name calling ! )

Come to think of it, since Scandinavian Trolls were never considered anything but repulsive, I can see where definition 1 fits, too ! [​IMG]

73 from Jim AG3Y

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.