Thinking to spring for an FTDX3000, but a guy is selling his FT1000MP

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE0EYJ, Jun 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

FTdx1200 or FTdx3000? Pay the $450 more.

2. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not entry-level.

I'd be moving backwards at least 2 rigs to get that thing.

And I will NEVER own a fake non-realtime bandscope again, in my life.

3. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Could not agree more. I think the FTdx1200 has the old FT-991 band scope. The FT-991A has the real time band scope and makes hunting for signals easy.

4. W5NNX

W5NNX Ham Member QRZ Page

Have had the 1200, didn't not have it long. Found the display cumbersome and useless. Have the IC7300 and don't use it much, the 1000 is my main radio, separate rcvr port for Rx antenna, 13.8V jack for the external rcv preamp, great great receive, get ergonimics, just all in all a top of the line radio. Not knowing your primary operating habits, you can't go wrong with the 1000. GL

5. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Truthfully the band scope whether realtime or not is so small its virtually useless. I never used mine.

6. KA2K

I found the display of the 1200 to be a slight improvement over the 3000, plenty good to see current status of settings. Using the tiny radio screen for much else is a challenge on any radio. Interfacing the radio with a remote control app like Ham Radio Deluxe will open up a whole new world, especially if you contest. You will never look at the radio display again.

7. KE0EYJ

Ham Radio Deluxe can suck eggs. I refuse to buy into their current pricing model.

8. KA2K

HRD is the most complete radio control suite available. It only requires a one time purchase which I think is 69 but it goes on sale for even less at times, and includes a years technical support and a perpetual license which grants the user download rights to all bug fixes. Its actually a bargain in my view. I've tried other apps but they all fell short somehow, HRD isn't perfect but I haven't found one better yet.It's not the same company that is was 3 years ago. And their tech support is great, they even answered my emails on a Sunday.

9. KE0EYJ

Not needed. I bought a radio. If I want computer control, I'll buy something like Flex.

Digital modes work fine for me with FLDIGI, when needed.

10. KA2K

Well good luck then!! Sounds like you know exactly what you need.