They won't give it another thought, but it makes me feel better

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2SUB, Feb 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

But look at all the things that The Professor made from parts from the radio!!

Dave
    W7UUU

[​IMG]

KK5JY, WZ7U and WA4BCS like this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Only the best radios have parts. Lots of parts. Big parts. Good parts. Parts only a professor can appreciate. Parts only a professor can make into other things. Parts made to be big and good and made into other parts. Only the biggest, best parts go into our boat radios. That's how we make radios in the USA. Big radios, with lots of big parts waiting to be made into new, better, bigger parts to do other things only bigger, better radio parts can do when handled by professors. Professors with big hands. Good hands. Big, good hands that make things. Make things out of boat radios. Bigger, better things from bigger, better hands. :rolleyes:

N2EY likes this.
  3. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

You mean the one about not leaning on the intercom button?

N2SR likes this.
  4. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a tuning unit from a BC-191/375 transmitter.

5. W7UUU

Haha!! Seriously? For the "3 hour tour"??

Later episodes it became a plain old AM radio hacked into a zillion different things... but it's the one in the photo I most remember

Thanks for the BC191/375 data point, Jim!!

That professor was an amazingly technical dude :rolleyes:

Dave
    W7UUU

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, he is a professor ya know..

W7UUU likes this.
  7. W7UUU

My friend Bryan @WA7PRC wold at this juncture use the word "Bigly" in this situation. More bigly is always better than less bigly :)

The Professor did things BIGLY with parts from the radio!!

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and WZ7U like this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree!! But, I was trying to lovingly mock a certain politician heard on TV nowadays and on a certain 140 character per message website. :D

9. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

I always thought that there should have been a DXpedition episode of Gilligan's Island.

A big DXpedition comes to the island, with the DX'ers making thousands of contacts. The DX'ers are fed and housed by the castaways, and are constantly reassuring them that before they leave the island, they will send a message to The Authorities so that they can be rescued.

One morning, they discover that the DX'ers have left overnight. They are perplexed by the sudden departure, but assume that the DX'ers will send rescuers after returning to Civilization.

But then, as they're sitting around the table eating a coconut cream pie, they hear an interview on the Honolulu AM station (coming in loud and clear, thanks to the telescoping whip antenna on the AM radio). The DX'ers are being interviewed about a fabulously successful DXpedition. During the interview, it becomes clear that, due to an obscure provision of the DXCC rules, it qualifies for DXCC credit only because it was completely uninhabited before and after the DXpedition. In other words, if the DX'ers had alerted The Authorities, then the entire DXpedition would have been for naught, hence the hasty departure without notifying The Authorities.

Gilligan makes some comment, and the Skipper hits him in the face with his hat, even though Gilligan is obviously not to blame for the DXpeditioners actions.

W4POT, AF7XT, KP4SX and 3 others like this.
  10. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

^^^Priceless!^^^