They don't make em like this anymore...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4ZD, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it's a discussion.

Some folks prefer the truth to a lie.

No.

It's easy to blame bad things on the Devil, rather than those who actually did them. Just ask Geraldine Jones.

And it's just as easy to claim that "God is on our side" and such, as justification for all sorts of horrors.

The reality is very different: Some people do very bad things. Simple as that.

KB4QAA likes this.
  2. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ahh nothing like a trip down memory lane. I had a few of them. We would make a pilgrimage to Canal St in NY by train when I was in HS and somehow carry back our weight in goodies.
    At one time I was running dynamotor powered surplus gear from 2 monstrous used truck batteries that were on constant charge. When my father thought that wasn't the best idea in the basement I salvaged old TV's for parts (my fav free source) to build power supplies.

I think back to those early hv supplies and its a miracle I lived past my teenage years. Usually built on plywood boards, there were plenty of exposed terminals and solder joints - and who knew about grounding?

3. K7ELP

K7ELP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

O yea! I remember the old days, I was a teenager when the CK722 transistor was available. I was selling news papers on the street and got 3 cents for each paper. I took my quite a while to pay for a $4 transistor. I still have an old memory IC 7489. Here is a picture and data info. 7489.jpg 7489 DATA.jpg

KK5JY likes this.
  4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Ouch. :eek:

It's amazing how that part started at almost $8, and fell to less than $1 in only three years.

5. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you for real?
    You call insulting French having fun?
    Have you ever read the names on grave stones in military cemetery in Europe? After you realize where you standing you eyes no longer see the nationalities, religions etc. - just rows of GI stones...

Yes, I do recall the battle cry " America , love it or leave it".
    It is now replaced with " I am an American, I do not care , I don't have to".

73 Shirley

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

So, when you piss away $20 on a crappy meal somewhere, do you carp on about it for months or just get over it?
    Do you need the $20 back that bad or do you just enjoy being a snarky dick about it?
    Do you complain about giving an unsolicited gift months afterward as well?

I just want to know where this all fits in the grand scheme of things.

KB4QAA and N2EY like this.
  7. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My issue is not with you disagreeing with me and debating issues. I said that I would not want you to change.
    I do have an issue with your nastiness and your vulgarity as highlighted in bold above. In addition you don't miss a chance to snipe.
    Every person but one I have given a gift to has the decency to not make me feel like a fool that I did so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.