They don't make em like this anymore...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4ZD, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't think anyone cared what I said, if you ask most to do some effort, they won't.

2. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

I have learned not to.

WZ7U likes this.
  3. K1OIK

So why do you keep replying if you don't care?

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

To torment you, obviously.

Just like this one does. ;)

5. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

WZ7U likes this.
  6. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

Now you done it! You made my back hurt mentioning a BC-610!:eek: I remember one time a buddy of mine (silent key), and a fellow CAP member as well, bought a 610 and was about to bring it into the house. The front porch was.............well, "rickety", to say the least. As we contemplated coming up onto the porch (there were 4 of us-and that was barely enough), his wife, Lucy, was just as determined that we were NOT going to bring that-that-that thing in her house!:oops:

"Get outta the way, woman", Dink grumped.

Lucy: "I said you ain't bringing that monster thing in here"!

Well, we got it up onto the porch while the indignant XYL complained. As we began to push it towards the front door, CREAK! SNAP!
    IT FELL THRU THE PORCH!!!!!!!! Horrors!:eek: Which made Lucy yell, scream and protest all the louder!!!:D:D:D:D

So how did Dink soothe the wife's nerves? He already had plans to build them a new house on the same property, so this seemed as good a time as any. And he wasn't without funds; he owned several community well systems, a drilling company and a plumbing supply! So shortly thereafter he built a very nice Spanish Mission style home. Spacious, very elegant--and a huge basement for his office and room for all the radios one ham could want:)! Don't think Lucy complained much after that!;)

N5DMC, WN1MB and AD5HR like this.
  7. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

In 1968 the place of no importance made sure communist way of "life" stays put in "eastern block" , and changed my life while US was busy "fighting communism " in Vietnam.
    This place of no importance starved their own citizens in the name of ideology / collectivization.
    Whose ideology you think build Berlin wall ?
    What about "Berlin blockade?"

Undervaluing adversary is sure way to failure.

Time to shelve this "discussion".

BTW years back I did own ARC5 RX which would receive frequencies around 135 MHz Perhaps not WWII issue ? .

73 Shirley

N5DMC likes this.
  8. W4ZD

W4ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Aw, hell, it ain't "discussion," just a bunch of old farts having some fun. Now, what's wrong with that? :)

There is no doubt that Communism is the work of the devil. I have never disputed that. But the devil is just that, and cannot remotely compete with God. We should be thankful, I suppose, that we live where we do. Ya follow? ;)

9. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

10. K1OIK

You have to be joking, hams cannot torment me or even bother me. Wasting money like $20 does, but I rarely repeat mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.