They don't make em like this anymore...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4ZD, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

If that's what you got from what I wrote, you should not be teaching, Burt.

Can't even get the quote right.

Got that HG-10 fixed yet?

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

It was certainly a strategy used during that particular conflict. Note that two of the victor nations each had total losses that dwarfed those of any other participant.

3. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I got from what you wrote is best exemplified in message #78.
    I copied the quote from a link https://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/04/24/war/
    The HG-10 is awaiting its turn.
    I have a VF-1 that won't turn on what is wrong?

4. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Why don't you open it up, examine it, trace out the schematic and compare it to what the manual says it should be?

5. N5DMC

N5DMC Ham Member QRZ Page

RCKfntpnl_min.jpg

What about 2 meter AM mode during WWII? All of Eisenhower's personnel ships carried this 2 meter AM radio Comm. No one could tune that high, so we spoke like CB'ers on that band, ship to aircraft. Actually we still use this band & AM mode today for the military. Take the Blue Angels for instance and try to find an AM receiver (besides SDR) for 135Mhz Hi.

Currently, this rare E.H. Scott "RCK" 2m AM Receiver sits partially restored in the Indianapolis Memorial Radio Room, 100% accurate I might add. Drop on in when you're in that neck of the woods. link.....http://www.ussindyradio.org/

Doug
    N5DMC

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  6. W4ZD

W4ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Holy smokes, from the time of the USS Indianapolis? Pretty famous ship, for several reasons. The atomic bomb for one. It was also the greatest loss of life from a single ship in U.S. Naval history, when it got torpedoed in 1945. God rest their souls.

7. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

You have no idea how irritating that is.

8. AB8MA

Burt's regurgitation is just something that he does. He doesn't even have to think.

N2EY likes this.
  9. AB8MA

Quote the message #78. Don't make everybody search the thread then wonder why you referred to it in the first place.

N2EY likes this.
  10. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

Churchill remained a member of Parliament until 1964. The British (I won't say we because I wasn't old enough to vote at the time!) voted in the Labour Party in a landslide victory based on their promises to set up a welfare state, and bring in many other reforms - plus people were heartily sick of the upper class old guard of incompetants! In effect Churchill was rewarded by continuing as an MP but his party was punished for its extremely reactionary tendencies.

Oh, and no battle was lost by stopping for tea - don't confuse Asterix with history!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.