ad: w5yi

There is a new Pi in town...and I have questions.

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by AA9G, Mar 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

My bad -- the MCM monitor is not HDMI -- but it does allow you to mount the Pi and interface on the back.

2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Adafruit also has several 7" monitors, running from $69 to $89 depending on the resolution and if you want a touchscreen. I've got one that gets it's power from the USB port.... so there's no external power supply needed.

3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Why wait? Compile your own.

4. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Never even heard of the Zero... had to google it.

I've been using Odroid's as of late... alittle more money but more memory/horsepower.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

5. KC9UDX

But no composite out.

6. KK4NSF

I looked at the Odroid-C2 not long ago. It's a nice little computer, and the cost difference is minimal. I decided to stick with the Raspberry Pi, mainly due to the large base of support.... but I certainly would not say no to the C-2 if someone offered me one.

No matter which flavor you choose, single-board computers have a LOT to offer.

KC9UDX likes this.
  7. KD4MOJ

HDMI... I don't have anything that uses composite.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

8. KD4MOJ

I have the X4 that I use for a hotspot and other stuff. Very nice. But like you said SBCs have lots to offer. Also have several P2's that I use for NXDN network.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

9. KK4NSF

how does that work for you? I've looked at Icom's NXDN, but haven't yet done anything with it. It seems like a useful system.

10. KC9UDX

That's the best part about the Pi for me. It puts out a workable composite signal.