ad: ProAudio-1

The Women Operators (YL's) of Ham Radio! Ria N2RJ, Cat W4DXY, Mary KI4HHI & Linda VK7QP

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, Sep 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Many were deleted by the Moderation team.

Dave
    W7UUU

PY2RAF, K2NCC, AE0CA and 2 others like this.
  2. VK7HH

VK7HH Ham Member QRZ Page

To Mary Catherine, Cat, Ria, Linda and other women in the hobby.
    I apologize for some of the comments in this forum.

Unfortunately it still seems there are some individuals here who lack the ability to act in a dignified and constructive manner. Perhaps they are afraid? Perhaps they don't like change? Or they are just pigs.
    In any case, this is not the majority. Women should be celebrated in the hobby! That is exactly what this video was about.

I applaud every single one of you. Thank you for being a part of our hobby and I look forward to hearing and working you on the air.

#hamchicksrule

KI4ASK, NG9F, KC9ONY and 3 others like this.
  3. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

oh good grief, let's move ON already. someone made an error in judgement. happens to all of us. let's get back to the point and off the soap-boxes.

K8AI likes this.
  4. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great job, Hayden

KI4ASK, VK7HH, KG5TON and 1 other person like this.
  5. K2IGO

K2IGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully these ladies can get more women into the hobby. I'd love if my wife did, but it's just not in the cards.

9A5O likes this.
  6. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A friend of mine Vika, US1GGF, has been a great Op and fluent in CW since age 12. She even teaches CW and Amateur Radio to kids. Currently she is in college and not "radio active" but Vika does have 20+ YouTube videos if you can understand the Ukrainian language.

VK7HH, W4LJ and W8KIC like this.
  7. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Obviously, you missed the ones that the mods deleted...

KQ2Y likes this.
  8. W9AWX

W9AWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Great to hear more YL's on the air and interested in amateur radio. My YL started the Pink Hamsters group and local Pink Hamsters net here in Milwaukee several years back. Like everything else in life, want more hams on the air, give them a reason to get on the air.

VK7HH and KG5TON like this.
  9. WX4TV

WX4TV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are four YL licensees in our family. Three of them are YYLs!

N8ZQZ (Michelle - Mom), KD3Z (Faith Hannah - 15 years old), ND2L (Hope - 14 years old), and KE3G (Grace - 12 years old)

If you look around, there are more and more YLs getting into the hobby.

W7JAF, 9A5O, KI4ASK and 3 others like this.
  10. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim, kudos to you and your wife for making the hobby a family event (your son also has his ticket, IIRC). I have watched some of your videos and those of your kids. Your legacy is your children, and you and your wife are doing a phenomenal job raising them and nurturing their intellectual curiosity while building confidence.

WX4TV and KI6NAZ like this.
  11. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Haters gotta hate, misogynists gotta misogyny. Good to see the mods cleaned up the mess before i arrived. HEHE

12. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm disappointed I won't be able to to be at the K4GIG command center with you and the crew during the AL QP. However, I'm going to give it my best try on my own from my coastal location. I brought a multiband end fed antenna, Steve's MPAS II and my low power Chameleon magnetic loop for running QRP at night from the balcony if the antennas must be put up at night.

W4DXY likes this.
  13. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

14. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

I was going to do a POTA activation next month. I figured a good time for the wife to get on the air and use my CS while making a few contacts. I hope she likes it enough to get her license! Either way, good job ladies, girls, women for being part of the Ham community. Just ignore ignorant people.

15. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are going to play detective...finish your work :)

W4DXY likes this.