The Women Operators (YL's) of Ham Radio! Ria N2RJ, Cat W4DXY, Mary KI4HHI & Linda VK7QP

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, Sep 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. VK7HH

VK7HH Ham Member QRZ Page

Amateur (Ham) Radio is a communications hobby that throughout its history has been dominated by men. Luckily times are changing and more and more women (YL's) are becoming involved in the varied aspects of the hobby.

Today's live stream features a chat with some of the women in ham radio! We'll ask them how they got started, what interests them the most about the hobby and much more.

W2CSI, K4BAX, EA3IGB and 22 others like this.
  2. W4XYL

W4XYL Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice, happy to hear and see, I have been on the XYL net, but always seem like it was more of a OM net to me. I mainly stay on CW when I get the chance. Sometimes when I am heard it's really not me it is my granddaughter Victoria on CW using my call. she does not have her own maybe soon. very best Ladies god speed.
    73 de W4XYL

9A5O, N6ACL, AD8FD and 2 others like this.
  3. WJ2L

WJ2L Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonder if KI4HHI does cw? Man imagine if she was an Italian op in a 5 region! Dots from beginning to end of the call.! But regardless congradulations to all you ladies being a radio ops. N2RJ very impressive op and education. Glad your doing for hams all the ARRL stuff. As for being retired, being a retired ham is fun too. Keep on keeping on. I recall lady ham op telling me when I was a novice, "tell it on cw. I do". She made me laugh and Im sure you are having fun too. Forgive me for being so patronizing. But cannot allow the chance to praise all of you partaking of such a wonderful hobby. God bless. Very 73 Bill WJ2L/4

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    W8KIC, VK7HH and KC5HWB like this.
  4. WJ2L

WJ2L Ham Member QRZ Page

Vk7qp what a wonderful involvement. Major developement inyour hx as well.
    On the licensing fees, drop them for the youth or retired. Glad you all think about this.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    W8KIC, VK7HH and KC5HWB like this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am disappointed my prior (deleted) post was misconstrued.

My point is that great people come in all pursuasions, and that we should attain and maintain our attitude of friendly support and involvement. If this post and others help acknowledge that in a positive way, then we have certainly lived up to our objective of the 'Radio Amateur's Code'.

As always, best to the women of ham radio:)

Chip W1YW

NL7W likes this.
  6. KG5TON

KG5TON Ham Member QRZ Page

YL Raisa on YouTube. She has good lighting.

OH73ELK, KQ2Y, KC5HWB and 1 other person like this.
  7. WA7ZIT

WA7ZIT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, the YL amateurs should check-out "YL Raisa", on YouTube. She really enjoys the hobby and is doing a lot to get the word out !

OH73ELK, KQ2Y, W8KIC and 1 other person like this.
  8. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Capture+_2020-09-07-21-10-21-1.png I was one of the multi-ops of station K4GIG along with Cat, W4DXY during her live stream of the North American QSO Party a few weeks ago. Super nice lady and eager to learn. It was neat seeing the difference in her confidence and operating efficiency as time passed.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    W2CSI, WA4KCN, EA3IGB and 7 others like this.
  9. W4DXY

W4DXY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks so much for the kind words Jon.

OE1TOA, WD4ELG, WX4TV and 6 others like this.
  10. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Totally unnecessary and predictable.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2020
    N0AMY, N1RBD, WM4TT and 1 other person like this.