The wait for a Tech license is unnecessary

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by WRKS480, Feb 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. WW4LLL

WW4LLL Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone know how long it takes my callsign to post to the QRZ database?

KO4ESA likes this.
  2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Typically a few business days.

KO4ESA likes this.
  3. KE8RAN

KE8RAN Ham Member QRZ Page

I had my FCC issued callsign 48 hours after I tested, it would have been 24 hours but I tested on a Sat evening and the info was not sent to the FCC until Monday Morning. You are at the mercy of the club, if they mail it, you'll be waiting awhile.

KO4ESA, KI5OMC and WJ4U like this.
  4. KE8RAN

KE8RAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine actually took about a week, I was trying to get on Echolink and learned that the database that is used by AARL, QRZ and Echolink is the same but updates on a regular basis. This is just a guess, but I think that those databases update once a week so depending on when you get licensed, it could take some time. Patience is not my strong suit and I missed an Echolink net last Friday while I was waiting...

KO4ESA likes this.
  5. KI5OMC

KI5OMC Ham Member QRZ Page

I tested Thurs. at 6pm local, finished around 6:30pm. Received email with my call next day, Friday, 4pm. Less than 22 hours.

KO4ESA, N2EY and W0AQ like this.
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

7. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The wait is necessary until the FCC says otherwise.

KO4ESA likes this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Folks complaining about the FCC not issuing their license immediately must really love the USPS and their great :p on-time service. I'm still waiting for them to find a package from the beginning of November. Received an email the other day..." they're working on it".

KO4ESA and K0UO like this.
  9. WJ9M

WJ9M Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems efficient to me. I passed the Technician test on Saturday and I was notified on Tuesday of my call sign and entry into the database.
    So now I can transmit, but if I only had a clue about how to do that....

I wish finding a COVID shot were this easy or quick.

KO4ESA and K0UO like this.
  10. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Also/ The computers don't always work.

Application and License Database Files Incomplete

Effective: March 9, 2021
    System: Universal Licensing System (ULS)
    We apologize for any inconvenience; we are currently experiencing issues that are impacting our ability to process Public Access files. Once the issues are resolved we will rerun the previous daily files to correct any inconsistencies. Currently, we do not have an estimated time when the issues will be resolved. We will post a new message when all the Public Access files are complete and correct.

KO4ESA likes this.