The Turbo-Encabulator is Back!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by W8KHK, Mar 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W8KHK

W8KHK Ham Member QRZ Page

No, this is not two days early, it is real! Extremely cutting-edge engineering!

The classic HP-200B audio oscillator is leveraged here to enable the unilateral phase detractors! For more information, see the latest Keysight (ex Hewlett Packard, ex Agilent Technologies) Promotional Video!

Look carefully at his index finger! (at about 1 minute, 30 seconds into the video)

N0TZU and K6CLS like this.
  2. WB2GCR

WB2GCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a Chinese clone available yet?

3. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally a way to interface my TARDIS with my Commodore-64.

4. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

Although I ordered it some months ago, I finally received my Zero Beat Peeler:

A.A sneak look at the new Zero-Beat Peeler4.jpg

---Layne AE1N

5. W3SLK

W3SLK Ham Member QRZ Page

I personally prefer the original. The story I got about this is there was an engineer at Rockwell that used to like using all these 'terms' with the newbie engineers. One enterprising person kept track of all of them and wrote a script. Upon the man's retirement, they presented him this 'production' which was only supposed to stay inside the four walls (or cubical walls). However, it was too funny to not let everyone else in on it. I don't know if anyone got into any trouble but it sure played well for over 4 million hits!

W1TRY likes this.
  6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for posting. This one is considerate homage to the original.

7. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow: I was involved in a similar project in the 1970s where our unit looked somewhat similar. It was a prototype known as a cyclonic rotamater. It didn't start out well. We setup the prototype for a number of high level government scientists and high level Navy military officers.

Our system had a lot of #47 lamps with red, yellow and green lenses, similar to those shown below:

[​IMG]

The demonstration was setup in a darkened SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility). As everyone settled in, and the SCIF lights were dimmed, a co-worker fired up the system into the "standby" mode. The system included a number of "YUK20" (AN/UYK-20) computers. The system was in several 19-inch equipment rack cabinets. It was impressive to hear all of the various blowers and fans come up to speed. As that was happening, most of the #47 lamps behind bright yellow lenses lit up, meaning everything was working properly, but in the standby mode. A Navy Admiral announced loudly to the whole group, in Navy language, that because of all the yellow lights, it reminded him that he needed pee before we got started. Our demonstration was delayed for a number of minutes as guests went off to the head (rest room).

W3SLK likes this.
  8. W3SLK

W3SLK Ham Member QRZ Page

W4KJG said:
    I am an 'alumn' of Mare Island CSTSC. I learned the AN/UYK-20 inside and out for DS 'A' school!

9. W7TFO

W7TFO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll see yours and raise you mine...

MyEncabulator.JPG

Encabulator poker is vicious.

73DG

WQ4G, AD5HR and WQ5Q like this.
  10. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

But, Does it come in Plaid?