The Top 2 Issues EVERY IC-7610 owner needs to check for.

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by VK3BL, Jun 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB0TYZ

WB0TYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sent my 7610 back on 9-18-19. Purchased 6-24-19 because of burn in. SN#12003887. No word as of 10-5-19.

2. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HMMM??? Say Larry, I guess I'm one of the LUCKY ONES since I've owned mine since "FEB. 2018"!!! Absolutely (NO ISSUES), so far??? :-/
    But really from what a number of guys out here have commented that "ICOM" wouldn't DO ANYTHING to correct the issue is in my opinion simply "BS" in that ALL gear manufacturers are always VERY KEEN on having all their gear trouble-free and KEEPING CUSTOMERS HAPPY, especially as "REPEAT CUSTOMERS"!!!

3. WW7F

WW7F Ham Member QRZ Page

Icom seems to have had that problem since they first made transceivers with display screens , IC 756 series all the way, from IC 756 non pro on up.Although there were some aftermarket replacements for a while was about $300 or so to replace it at the time. I am hesitant to get a newer generation rig as it seems they are far from solving this issue,and like the 756 series, how many of the displays were made for spares or production use? When those run out buyers and owners will be SOL for replacements if no after market solution is to be had. OT but I'd love to find a replacement for my 756 non pro. 73 also :)

4. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear Michele,
    I don't doubt your statement "One-iota" :) Most of we "HAMS" ultimately want to spend a good deal of money if we have it to try and get the BEST (or BANG-FOR-THE-BUCK) that we can, but the MANUFACTURERS should also be cognizant of "it's our money", so give us a "QUALITY PRODUCT"!!! OR? WE'LL SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!