The Spectrum Monitor

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Sep 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

I find its a really good value. Priced good, and interesting. I wish I could say the same of other traditional magazines.

2. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

Gee, YOU NEVER handed a pal one of your PRINTED magazines??? Sheeeesh!

I PAID for it.
    I will do as I darn well please with what I PAID for....
    So... MYODB PSE OM....

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    W1TRY and AC8UN like this.
  3. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI - I like printed materials too, but if interested in the topic, check out the forums on HF Underground.

Note the links to other specialty sites over on the top right corner under News: their WIKI page is a great reference, especially the Signal Identification link. Also the Signal Identification Guide.

W4ZD and N7UJU like this.
  4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you liked the old Monitoring Times and Popular Communications, you'll be happy with this. I liked those two magazines OK, but not enough to subscribe to them (I'd pick Popcom up on the newsstand once in a while), and it's not any different with this one--FOR ME. :)

5. W4NNF

OMG, I used to pass my printed issues of CQ onto my buddies all the time! What a rascal I was in my youth! :rolleyes:

6. W4NNF

There's a little more to it than that. Print magazines were still doing OK when Popcom went out of business. The problem was their publisher couldn't figure out how to keep it going. They're having trouble doing that with their current magazine, too. ;)

7. KK0L

KK0L Ham Member QRZ Page

8. W4NNF

I looked at that issue a while back. Thus my comments above. Of course, it's quite possible they've improved a lot over the last couple of years. Maybe they should offer a more current sample of their work. ;)

9. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a PDF. They email a link to download the latest edition.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

10. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe but moving a single copy of a printed magazine from one person to another is one thing but this is more like photocopying it.

How many copies did you pay for?

It might be a minor thing to send someone one copy but ... I was pleased to discover that they don't have any copy protection / DRM type stuff. They're just plain PDFs so quite convenient to read on anything. It would be a pity for them to have to change that.

KV6O and KU4X like this.