The sky went bye-bye

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KL7AJ, Nov 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Right in the middle of SS, too. :( bye.jpg

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, conditions were poor anyway. I struggled along but finally threw in the towel. I thought with the Sun waking up, the bands might be better this year. :(

PU2OZT likes this.
  3. KL7AJ

Actually they were pretty good right at the beginning of the contest; I worked a bunch on 20 and 15, and a couple on 40 even. Then it all went away.

W4NNF likes this.
  4. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

A ham buddy and I were camping this weekend. He made a number of contacts on 15m at 5w using an MFJ-1815t antenna.

I didn't participate, but chased POTA activators instead. However, when I got up this morning and spun the dial (from my hammock), folks were going strong on 80m and 40m, but 20m and above was silent.

Chris

5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep. I got off to a decent, if not spectacular, start on 20...things began to go south...went to 40....and it was downhill from there. Well, OM, there's always next year I guess. :oops:

6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

On 12 meters now working So. America, the Caribbean, and SW US. Just worked ZD7FT St. Helena Island on SSB.

WX7P likes this.
  7. KL7AJ

You all back east definitely live on another planet. Here's the ionogram from your nearest digisonde: bye2.jpg bye2.jpg bye2.jpg

8. KL7AJ

9. KL7AJ

It's quite obvious that you East Coasters stole our ionosphere. We want it back. (Ionosondes don't lie)

10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page