The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My shack until sometime in March.

Attached Files:

2. KC6RCM

KC6RCM Ham Member QRZ Page

I realize most hams do not care for the Ten-Tec brand, but I've been using this setup since 1991. The receiver was added in 2007. photo.jpeg

WD5IKX, WD3IT, W5KUL and 12 others like this.
  3. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

News to me. Most everyone I know who has them loves them.

I owned an Argonaut as my first rig, and was later president of the ham club at college that had a Corsair and a Titan amp. Loved those.

Nice setup!

I wouldn't mind a nice Omni VI some day myself.

4. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm back to operating from a desk in the office, a far cry from my stand alone shack in Oregon. It was fun while it lasted.
    IC 7410, SM30 mic, Bencher key, Sennheiser headphones, and n3jfp for logging. All's good.
    20171230_193926.jpg

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

You really don't want to see my shack, but here's a glimpse on NYD for the zed net. 20180101_132013.jpg

SA6NAN, KC2YMO, WD8T and 2 others like this.
  6. N9CAV

N9CAV Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

zken8301111.JPG Here is an updated photo from page 91 of the station with the SB-200 now hooked in. Had to move things around but use to that. May build a shelve for the linear, some people are just never happy. 73

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    W5KUL, AE7BT, WD4IGX and 3 others like this.
  7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Been a while since I uploaded a picture of the shack and I have made several additions in the boat anchor category. Currently I have it set up with 4 operating stations. (1) 1950's - Harvey Wells TBS50 & matching VFO/HQ140X. (2) 1960's - DX60/HG10 / MR-1. (3) 1970's - IC251 with VHF engineering amp. (4) Modern - FTdx5000/AL1200.

The TBS50, Heathkit station and FT5000 can easily be activated with the turn of a switch and all run through the amp, auto tuner, Giant watt/swr meter, remote antenna switch, speaker so nothing needs to be disconnected or connected when switching between stations. I can also use either the FTdx5000, MR-1 or HQ140X with any of the transmitters by leaving the dow key relay for the boat anchors in the TX position and turning the rig transfer switch to the desired receiver (CW only of course but that's all I operate with the boat anchors). Very quick and easy!

SHACK04.JPG

W5KUL, W6ELH, WD4IGX and 3 others like this.
  8. N9CAV

N9CAV Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice, I see an Heathkit HD-15 up on top, do you still use it, I built one back in 1980 or 81 used it quite a bit then for military calls to the states. been on the shelve for many years now. 73

9. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's exactly what I built and used it for.

When digital hit (PSK31 etc) I converted it to a digital interface and it worked great. I made several digital contacts over the course of a couple of weeks and it was just not for me so it sits there on top, all ready to go, and gathers dust.

N9CAV likes this.
  10. KC1UA

KC1UA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's mine, just filmed today.

K8ATG and N9CAV like this.