The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Updated pictures of the Shack.

20171110_204319.jpg 20171031_135400.jpg 20171110_153457.jpg 20171110_153507.jpg

N6QIC likes this.
  2. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

About six months ago, sold my Flex6700 and went solely "SWL".... for ~$250, having just as much fun as I did with $8k worth of radio.

k2nccflex6700_001.jpg

w4ravhamradio2017airspyhami.jpg

Amazing to me how I spent much of my amateur radio hobby wishing for the best of gear, and by the time I get there, how little it all really matters. Money better spent on other things in life!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    G4LJW, N0TLD and WD4IGX like this.
  3. N9CAV

N9CAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is my shack for the moment it changes when I buy equipment or put old radios back in service, and one of my shelves with currently repaired radios ready for operation. I have a tight operating spot until I build a new shack strictly for my stuff. Go to Flicker photo sharing site and put my call into the search, some of my other past shacks will come up. Phil N9CAV

Attached Files:

• zs2.JPG
      zs2.JPG
      File size:
      166 KB
      Views:
    • zs5.JPG
      zs5.JPG
      File size:
      126.4 KB
      Views:
    • zs7.JPG
      zs7.JPG
      File size:
      187.8 KB
      Views:
    W0CVR and WD4IGX like this.
  4. VE3CGA

VE3CGA Ham Member QRZ Page

nice pics and impressive equipment.

I have tried to redo an idea I got in an old (I think) qst magazine where some hams were putting their equipment in coffee tables or nice wooden curio cabinets or dare I say, anywhere a new rig could be hidden from the xyls view or perhaps just to sneak a 60' or 70's hf transceiver upstairs so not to be a celler dweller. ha ha
    The tv stand isnt finished yet, I need to make a rollup door for the front. This is in our sun room. Ham gear was always banished to the celler in the past so this is what I did to keep things down as low a profile as possible without resorting to something from Hogans Heroes ha ha
    The IC9100 is many radios in 1 so the shack works for me. I also use a sdr dongle through the dell box. I can have the sdr going while using the 9100, both using software on the dell box and displaying on the tv. Its very comfortable but I have fell asleep listening to cw.

73's Bob VE3CGA New Bitmap Image (2).gif

KC9BNW, KY5U, KC8VWM and 4 others like this.
  5. WA4BCS

WA4BCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

Most comfortable chair ever made. Getting out of it is hell though.

7. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I like the Marantz stereo- what a classic! Good stuff.

WD4ED likes this.
  8. KM4QWO

KM4QWO Ham Member QRZ Page

I second that. I inherited a 2252 a few months ago and it sounds better than my modern 5.1 setup. Looks like the one pictured except mine has a wooden case. I don't use the modern setup for music anymore.

W3ATV likes this.
  9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Notice how it's customary for Canadians to never wear their shoes inside the house. :D

SA6CKE likes this.
  10. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't need shoes if you don't go outside ;)

KC8VWM likes this.