The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is my "shack" aboard SV Coquina. Number one issue is the SSB makes the autopilot go nuts! Every day is "field day", between the solar and recharging from the engine I can operate a long time without any commercial power. The SSB is a Kenwood TS-440 feeding the backstay through an SGC-230 tuner, the 2 meter is a Yaseau 2800, APRS is an OT-3m feeding an Icom 2GAT and a 30 watt 2 meter amplifier, the marine VHF is Standard-Horizon connected to the GPS for DCC functions, and there is currently AIS receive shortly to be replaced by an AIS transceiver. The old IBM laptop is running digipan and also does nav duty.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    N1OOQ and WA7WJR like this.
  2. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is my "shack" aboard SV Coquina. Number one issue is the SSB makes the autopilot go nuts! Every day is "field day", between the solar and recharging from the engine I can operate a long time without any commercial power. The SSB is a Kenwood TS-440 feeding the backstay through an SGC-230 tuner, the 2 meter is a Yaseau 2800, APRS is an OT-3m feeding an Icom 2GAT and a 30 watt 2 meter amplifier, the marine VHF is Standard-Horizon connected to the GPS for DCC functions, and there is currently AIS receive shortly to be replaced by an AIS transceiver. The old IBM laptop is running digipan and also does nav duty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

W6TUX, WA7WJR, KC9BNW and 2 others like this.
  3. N8SAN

N8SAN Ham Member QRZ Page

THAT is awesome!!

4. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's like radios - they're ALL beautiful. Some are just more beautiful than others. ;)

N8SAN likes this.
  5. KI4RHR

KI4RHR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just fantastic! She's beautiful! I'm so jealous -- I sold my sailboat 15 years ago and have missed it ever since!

6. KI4RHR

shack1.jpg shack2.jpg

Here's my "shack" :) My first HF rig arrived today: a FlexRadio FLEX-6300 SDR!

W4RAV, KM4SII, KQ9J and 1 other person like this.
  7. KB1BSR

KB1BSR Ham Member QRZ Page

KI4RHR likes this.
  8. NB8F

NB8F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Latest rendition of the NB8F shack.

KC9BNW likes this.
  9. KI4RHR

Lol ... I've loved LEDs and blinky lights since I was a kid, what can I say? :)

10. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

These shacks are to clean!